1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Muppets Courtyard Area coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by pjtoadie, Mar 22, 2016.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Toughpigs is reporting that there's another new addition to the courtyard called Gonzo's Royal Flush. Also, at this time, the building under construction was being used as a restroom. So, a Muppet themed restroom? Based on :concern:'s office from the 2011 movie? All I hope is that this pans out to be a far more immersive area than what the old Toontown USA used to be, something more akin on the level of what Universal Studios has done with both Harry Potter pavilions at their Orlando parks.

goldenstate5 and scooterfan360 like this.
  2. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Some progress pictures in the spoiler tag below. I can pretty much guarantee that Gonzo's Royal Flush will be bathrooms.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Hopefully your hopes aren't that high ...

goldenstate5 likes this.
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's been said that the building they're remodeling was already a bathroom facility, so it makes sense it'd stay that way.

Duke Remington likes this.
  5. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I hope Disney starts doing this with the California parks, there is a lack of Muppet presence.

6. goldenstate5

goldenstate5 Active Member

Confirmed: https://twitter.com/insidethemagic/status/769225813535428608

7. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Construction Update!

[​IMG]

It looks great! PizzeRizzo really fits the area nicely, and I love the shoutout to Pizza Planet (the sign says the best PIZZA on the PLANET). Nice touch Disney ;)

8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It might be my browser, but I can't see that image.

9. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

10. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

MikaelaMuppet and Duke Remington like this.
  11. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I'm excited for this!!

12. goldenstate5

goldenstate5 Active Member

Hearing the restaruant will be quite something. WDI is on a roll right now with Muppets stuff. If only the show was this dead-on.

13. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

14. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Here is the first video. Honestly, I'm a bit underwhelmed. I mean, any Muppet presence in the park is appreciated, but it feels like they made a pizza joint, and just slapped the name "Rizzo" on it. There are very few muppet items around the place, and it all seems kind of bland. I was hoping there would be rats (either animatronic or posers) positioned around the restaurant, and a Rizzo presence of some sort, but aside from a couple picture frames, there isn't much muppety-ness to it. But hey, maybe I'm just being picky.

Muppy likes this.
  15. The Count

You should check out the article regarding PizzeRizzo's opening posted over at toughpigs.com, it goes into greater detail about he décor an overall Muppetiness.

16. The Count

And now a year later, this thread could be retitled as "Muppet Courtyard Area leaving Disney's Hollywood Studios". According to toughpigs.com, the courtyard area will be renamed Grand Avenue while the courtyard itself will be Grand Park, with Muppet*Vision 3D and PizzeRizzo's staying but the Muppet presence in the parks dwindling even more. :(

17. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Member

I know! However if the rumored Muppets/Star Wars show becomes a reality then that'll be good!

18. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Active Member

Kiss the attraction and the restaurant goodbye within the year.

Muppetboy09 likes this.
  19. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Member

You think they'd change PizzeRizzo just after one year of being open?

20. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

"Oh but don't worry! Muppet Vision is here to stay!"

Sure, Disney.
    It would be SO easy to rebrand. It is very loosely Muppet Themed. All they would have to do is take down some of the artwork, and put up a new sign. Much to my disappointment, I have to side with DarthGonzo