Muppets & Disney @ 2005 Macy's Thanksgiving day Parade

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

Curtisie of Stevie's Disney Central HomePage Message Board: http://steviesdisney.proboards25.co...neytv&action=display&thread=1132078396&page=1

so set your VCR's and TiVo's...

Walt Disney World 'Happiest Celebration on Earth' Comes to Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (R)
Mickey Mouse and his friends will take to the streets of Broadway spreading holiday cheer to millions of children, as Walt Disney World Resort joins the 79th annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (R). The colorful cast of favorite Disney characters will share the excitement of the ongoing 50th anniversary celebration -- the 'Happiest Celebration on Earth,' marking five decades of Disney theme park magic.
To celebrate the milestone and to launch the holiday season, country music superstar LeAnn Rimes and a host of other performers will join famous Disney characters aboard the amazing Showboat float, a charming replica of the riverboats of yesteryear. Gliding down Broadway, the Showboat with the entire Disney crew on board will bring a bit of Disney magic to the gathered crowds as the Parade steps off the line of march at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 24.

Perched atop the "S.S. Celebration" Showboat, Rimes will sing "Remember When," the touching anthem for the "Happiest Celebration on Earth," Disney's first-ever global celebration. Like the celebration, the Richard Marx-penned song calls to mind the magic and lifetime of memories that Disney parks have brought to families over the decades.

The Showboat will be the largest vessel to ever float down the line of march as it prepares to make its voyage in the longest running show down Broadway. The "S.S. Celebration" Showboat stands at 33 feet tall (more than three stories high), 16 feet wide and 42 feet long. Complete with an authentic looking paddlewheel and twin smokestacks, the Showboat will be decked out with golden accents in honor of 50 years of Disney theme park magic.

"This spectacular float, a creative collaboration between the team at Macy's Parade Studio and Walt Disney World Resort, will provide the backdrop for one of the biggest and most elaborate production numbers in our long 79 year history," said Robin Hall, Executive Producer of Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. "It will be a singular moment, featuring dozens of Disney icons and its brightest stars; a huge cast headed by Mickey Mouse himself and featuring the glorious LeAnn Rimes."

"Getting together with family and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is an American tradition," said Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "We're excited to share a bit of our 'Happiest Celebration on Earth' during this year's Parade -- bringing some Disney magic from Main Street U.S.A. to Broadway and to millions of families viewing the show across the country."

About "The Happiest Celebration on Earth":

The 18-month celebration at the Florida Vacation Kingdom continues throughout 2006 with new attractions and entertainment spectaculars in all four Walt Disney World theme parks. The globe-spanning observance is a commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the first Disney theme park ... Disneyland in California. This is the first time Disney parks around the world ... 11 in all ... have joined together for one magical celebration.

About the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade:

With more than 50 million viewers across the country and more than 2.5 million spectators that line up along the streets of New York City each year, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is a national icon that has grown into a world-famous holiday event. For 78 years, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade has marked the official start of the holiday season.

Growing in size and scale, the Parade proudly marches down a 2.5-mile route in New York City with over 10,000 participants in tow including Macy's employees, their families, celebrities, athletes, clowns and dance groups spreading holiday cheer. The Parade also features America's best marching bands, fabulous floats and Macy's signature giant helium character balloons. For more information on the Macy's Parade please visit http://www.macysparade.com/ or call the Parade hotline at (212) 494-4495.

Note that "Chicken Little" and "Kermit the Frog" will be there.... in balloon form! and Raven

and MORE line up news at http://www.nyctourist.com/macys_news_lineup.htm

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Well I am taping the pareade. I still have the past tapes of the parade .
form 1990- 2004.

Neros Urameshi

Reaction score
I wish I could see the Sesame Street float. You know, where the cast sang "Put On Your Dancing Shoes". I want a download video clip of it. Could someone help me?

Crazyminnyhaha

Reaction score
Is the Kermit Balloon in the parade this year? I havent seen him yet or seen him listed in the paper of all the balloons listed. Hopefully hes in the parade and didnt list him. Anyway hope everyone here have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. I dont know about all of you but for the first time my family is having organic turkey. This is going to be different.

beaker

Reaction score
Crazyminnyhaha said:
Is the Kermit Balloon in the parade this year? I havent seen him yet or seen him listed in the paper of all the balloons listed. Hopefully hes in the parade and didnt list him. Anyway hope everyone here have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. I dont know about all of you but for the first time my family is having organic turkey. This is going to be different.
It was great seeing the Sesame Muppets(I LOVE how they still officially call them the Sesame Muppets! Legalities be darned!) as per usual, but where were the Muppet show muppets?

Oh, and it's all about a vegetarian thanksgiving! :smile:

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
There was no Kermit in this year's Macy's Parade, but there was a Kermit in Santa hat, Oscar the Grouch and Cookie Monster balloons in the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade.

There are images of these balloons located at gettyimages.com

Take Care and Hope All Had A Good Turkey Day !!

Michael

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Hello Rumtar

I was wondering if you knew off hand what songs were performed in those years.I am looking for a few clips of specific songs and was wondering what years they appeared in.

Rubber Duckie
True Blue Miracle
Keep Christmas With You
Sing
We Are All Earthlings

Any help would be appreciated

Xela

Reaction score
Lots of balloons were not in the parade because of the weather. The Kermit balloon might have been one of them..

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I remember seeing the Kermit Balloon, I don't know if it depended on what channel you watched but I did not see the SS Float allthow I did See the Super Grover Balloon.