Muppets do Shakespeare

BEAR

Reaction score
I just had a thought...wouldn't it be interesting to see the Muppets take on Shakespeare? It would be fun to see their take on it. What do you think? What would you like to see?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I think it's a great concept! I also think it would make Shakespeare funny, but that would be all right since it is Muppets. Romeo and Juliet would be an obvious choice, but it could also be funny to see them attempt something like Macbeth. I could see Gonzo as one of the witches!

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
It could also be funny to see them attempt something like Macbeth. I could see Gonzo as one of the witches!
Witch: When shall we three meet again; in thunder, lightning or rain?

Gonzo: Lightning sounds good!

BEAR

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
I think it's a great concept! I also think it would make Shakespeare funny, but that would be all right since it is Muppets. Romeo and Juliet would be an obvious choice, but it could also be funny to see them attempt something like Macbeth. I could see Gonzo as one of the witches!

Well, a lot of Shakespeare is already very funny...the comedies anyway, but the Muppets would give it a new life.

Frogster

Reaction score
Link and Fozzie did Hamlet with Chris Reeve on TMS once... pretty funny.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Well, a lot of Shakespeare is already very funny...the comedies anyway, but the Muppets would give it a new life.
Good point! I forget about Shakesperean comedy because the more well known works are the tragedies like Romeo and Juliet. Although I think even that has some humor in it. Anyway, you are right that the Muppets would give it new life. I would be much more interested in Shakespeare if the Muppets were to perform it!

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I think I've said all along a muppet MacBeth would be fab. Romeo and Julliet would be fabulous too.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
The Muppets do great with the classics. I'd like to see them tackle Jane Austen (her stories, I mean, not her personally, but with the muppets you sometimes have to be specific....) Some of the lighter Dickens would work--I thought TMCC was one of the best. Also, a good ol' English mystery would be great--maybe Agatha Christie (Pigatha Christie) or even a good (NOTICE I SAID GOOD) Sherlock Holmes-type mystery. Also--speaking of mysteries--a 1940s Mickey Spillane sort of spoof would also work well. JMO

Marky

Reaction score
DanDanStrawberry said:
I think I've said all along a muppet MacBeth would be fab. Romeo and Julliet would be fabulous too.
Instead of the beheading they'd have... the head just blow up?:eek: