1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppets Eating People

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by muppetsahoy, Nov 3, 2007.

1. muppetsahoy

muppetsahoy New Member

Muppets eating people--or trying to--always freaked me out. Share your memories of muppets eating actual people -- guest stars on the Muppet Show, from the movies, if any. I just remember the John Cleese episode with the manager and the Cloris Leachman episode with Sweetums and the island. Anyone have any others they want to share (beyond the instances listed on Muppetwikia)?

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Didn't Animal try to bite Rita Moreno? Does that count as "eating" or was Animal being "Fiesty".

3. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Behemoth tried to eat Zero Mostel.

4. muppetsahoy

muppetsahoy New Member

Yeah. Sometimes it was funny, and sometimes it was downright freaky (at least for me).

5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Was Candice Bergan eaten, or just carried away? I really can't remember...

6. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I think you may mean Rita Moreno Beau. She was picked up and carried away by Sweetums offscreen. Whatever happened next, then I guess we can imagine anything.;)

7. Beauregard

Hmm...Maybe I do? I was thinking of the female guest star who was trying to take a photo of Kermit. I thought he said, "Candid for Candice."

8. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Sweetums ate Candice's camera and Kermit said "You're lucky, Last week he ate the guest". :)

9. Beauregard

Ah-ha! Thanks so much! That's been bothering me for the last day or so...I knew there was some sort of eatery happening!

10. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

There was that Furniture Monsters skit in the Vincent Price episode where a TV grew eyes and teeth and ate a whatnot. And the Newsman's desk ended up eating the Newsman. I always thought that was the scariest skit on the Muppet Show.

11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And during the interview segment, the purple monster thing that Vincent brought on the set as one of the world's greatest eaters not only ate the cook's instruments and the cook himself, but both said monster and Vincent himself both threatened to eat Kermit! And just wee minutes before that, they had a "Under My Skin" segment where a random Fraggle-looking Muppet was consumed by a caramel-colored monster and both the eater and the eaten sang during the skit!

12. muppetsahoy

muppetsahoy New Member

I forgot about that one. That was really funny.

13. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

As did Big Mama, at the end of the episode.

Eatings always scared me, though after a while I get desensitized. One that freaked me out recently was Big Mean Carl's mother eating a blonde pink male Whatnot backstage- it's in a montage on YouTube, and it really freaked me out because I could not remember it in the actual episode (also don't remember which one it was). Was this from a UK Skit?

If Kermit said to Candice "last week he ate the guest", then it would've been Sandy Duncan who was eaten by Sweetums. Last we see of Sandy, Sweetums is sort of walking up behind her (or at least to the side, unnoticed).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

14. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I can clearly remember that the very first Muppet Show that ever went to air in Australia when I was very young was Candice Bergen.

That line you pointed out is very interesting Dave in the light that there was no episode broadcast before in which the guest before Candace could have been eaten, whoever it was.

But wait. Perhaps there may have been a planned show that previous week that was cancelled as a result of Sweetums earing the guest? I don't recall hearing any news about a famous celebrity mysteriously disappearing though. :D ;)

15. muppetsahoy

muppetsahoy New Member

What celebrity, past and present, would be funniest to see being eaten on the muppets? I say Cameron Diaz -- she's just too bubbly sometimes :)

16. Mr Devco

Mr Devco New Member

the scariest was when Kathy Griffen tried to "eat" Animal. Forgive my blueness

17. Mr Devco

Mr Devco New Member

The one that scared me the most was the Killer funiture bit

18. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

You forgot about Inchworm... or is that Muppets eating Muppets?

MikaelaMuppet likes this.