Muppets for Dorks

Beauregard

Reaction score
I am writting an article to go in the Online encyclopidia of everything. H2g2, the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for which I am a researcher. I wondered if you guys could give me some comments on this starter intro to the Muppets.

Let me know if I have missed someone or something important.

Beauregard

((((((((((((((((( :smile: ))))))))))))))))))​

Muppet’s for Dorks

The commoner’s view of the Muppets:

“The Muppets are goggily eyed creatures made from foam, which once had a show on Television and there was a frog and a big and a really, really big thing.”

The Muppet Fan’s view of the Muppets:

The Muppet’s are complex puppets first created by Jim Henson and his wife Jane Henson. They started out with a little known show called Sam and Friends, they then did commercials and finally, with the financing of Lord Lew Grade, made The Muppet Show.

The Muppet Show was a big hit having prime time on television. It was a comedy variety show with a frog as the host. The show usually went badly and downhill, with the audience booing every act off of the stage.

Following the Muppet Show was three films released over a few years. The first was The Muppet Movie (believed to be sort of approximately how it all started), The Great Muppet Caper a film put on by the Muppets acting as themselves came next. Then there was The Muppets Take Manhattan a truly
Moving film with such sad songs as “Saying Goodbye,” and “Together Again.” This movie also premiered the Muppet Babies TV series of cartoon Puppets.

After these first films came Muppet Christmas Carol, and Muppet Treasure Island, in which the Muppets were purely actors playing a role. After this there was Muppets From Space a film, which brought Pepe to the forefront of the Muppet limelight. Recently there has been Kermit’s Swamp Years, generally considered a flop, and It’s a Very Merry Muppet Christmas, a new Muppet take on It’s a Wonderful Life, including Whoopie Goldberg as God.

The Muppet’s have had a traumatic time recently after being bought by a German company that then nearly went bankrupt. They have finally been bought back by Jim Henson’s family.

The Muppet Cast

So, who are the Muppets?

Kermit the Frog is the sane Muppet of the bunch. He is a frog, naturally, and finds it hard being green. He understands failure and believes in believing in yourself. He finds that times fun when your having flies.

Miss Piggy is a pig diva. She has a crush on Kermit (literally and metaphorically) and knows how to perform a karate chop. She worked her way up the cast of the Muppet Show and is now a truly big character (literally and metaphorically.)

Fozzie Bear is a wana’be comedian who finds it hard to tell jokes that make people laugh. He has a dream of one day being funny. He has a hard time with hecklers.

Gonzo the Great is a weird and wonderful whatever (who recently discovered that he is an alien.) He loves doing daring stunts and has never had any problem getting into a cannon for a human cannon ball act. He has a crush on all chickens and birds, and particularly Camilla the chicken.

Bunsen and Beaker are two characters that are completely different apart from their unerring devotion to science. Bunsen, being the cleverer of the two, always experiments his scientific developments often Beaker who ends up in terrible circumstances most times, but while Bunsen fiddles, poor Beaker can only meep in return.

The Electric Mayhem is the Muppet band composed of Dr Teeth, Animal, Janice, Floyd, Zoot and Lips. They are all devoted to the world of music and for all their hipness they are loved fer sure.

Pepe the Prawn is a king prawn who has basically taken over the Muppets. First appearing on Muppet’s Tonight this sexy shrimp, sorry King Prawn has Ok’d himself to the Top ten Muppet lists. Of all the Muppet’s he worries most about keeping up appearances and hates being called a shrimp.

Stadler and Waldorf are the hecklers in the balcony, loving nothing more than to bring down the show with boos and Fozzie off in tears. Stadler is the one with the longer head and Waldorf has a fater head.

Scooter is the go-fer who will go for anything. He waltzed into the theatre one day and announced that his uncle owned it, therefore he was to be given a job, then every time he wanted something done he just had to bring it up again, and again…

Rowlf the Dog was one of the very first Muppets in existence and is a mellow piano player who is so laid back he has almost fallen over. He is always there to give advice and takes things as they come without complaint. He was virtually retired for many years after the death of Jim Henson, but recently has returned somewhat.

Sam the Eagle is the patriotic bird who likes things the American way. He is the only one who sees the Muppets as composed of only weirdoes.

Others include Pops, Beauregard, Sweetums, Annie Sue Pig, Link Hogthrob, and many, many more from frogs to dog, to chickens to bears, to penguins to monsters with the Muppet’s things are never normal and craziness is constant, and so basically to conclude the Muppet’s are a bunch of weirdoes

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Stadler is the one with the longer head and Waldorf has a fater head.
Statler. Not Stadler. I'd copy and paste into a word program with spell-check. Otherwise, looks okay to me.

Thijs

Reaction score
A little bit to subjective, especcially the part about Pepe.

Stulz

Reaction score
“The Muppets are goggily eyed creatures made from foam, which once had a show on Television and there was a frog and a big and a really, really big thing.”
Think you mean "Pig" ...a frog and a "Pig" and a really, really big thing.”[/

rexcrk

Reaction score
Nice list-thingy Beau! I love reading things like that :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Stulz said:
Think you mean "Pig" ...a frog and a "Pig" and a really, really big thing.”[/
Thanks. And thanks guys. I'll change the Pepe section later. Actually, I NEVER know how to spell Statler, I always put Stadler, don't know why...Must change my ways...Shame on me...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Pepe the Prawn is a sexy shrimp, sorry, prawn who first appeared on Muppet’s Tonight and has since risen through the Muppet hall of Fame till he has reached the top ten lists. Many folks who never liked the Muppets like this cool prawn, and he is now one of the most sought after Muppets of all time. Go Pepe, ok?

Is that better for Pepe?

Count Von Beauregard

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Me likee, Beau. Am very impressed. Good job!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
You might want to mention briefly their stint on Jimmy Dean...

"...they then did commercials, Rowlf the Dog became a regular on The Jimmy Dean Show, and finally,..."

Something like that.

Otherwise, wonderful job, Beau!