Muppets Green and Red Christmas reissue with bonus tracks

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like the "Muppets Green and Red Christmas" CD from 2006 is being reissued with two bonus tracks for a Novmeber 1 release...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B005N0C06E/ref=nosim/muppetcentral

Muppets Green and Red Christmas

1.'Zat You, Santa Claus? - Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem
2.A Red and Green Christmas - Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy
3.The Christmas Party Sing-Along - Rowlf the Dog
4.Merry Christmas Baby - Pepe the King Prawn
5.The Man with the Bag - Floyd Pepper, Animal and Zoot
6.Santa Baby - Miss Piggy
7.It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Gonzo the Great and Rizzo the Rat
8.North Pole Comedy Club - Fozzie Bear and Statler and Waldorf
9.Run, Run Rudolph - Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem
10.Christmas Smorgasbord - The Swedish Chef
11.The Christmas Queen - Miss Piggy
12.Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Kermit the Frog
13.I Wish I Could Be Santa Claus - Gonzo and Fozzie (2011 edition only)
14.Jingle Bells - Andrea Bocelli with the Muppets (2011 edition only)
Since many of us will be getting "Muppets Green and Red Christmas", we'd like to mention that if you pre-order "Muppets Green and Red Christmas" from Amazon using this link, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help make future upgrades possible. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the album with a low-price guarantee. Thank you for supporting MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

Let us know your thoughts on the "Muppets Green and Red Christmas" re-issue.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
What are the bonus tracks? I can't see the track listing anywhere.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
hmm this may be a case of just buying the 2 extra songs or downloading them later

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What are the bonus tracks? I can't see the track listing anywhere.
Here are the bonus tracks... It's nothing brand new, but enjoyable none the less. (The first post has been updated with a full track list.)

I Wish I Could Be Santa Claus - Gonzo and Fozzie (2011 edition only)
Jingle Bells - Andrea Bocelli with the Muppets (2011 edition only)
This would've been a great way to include the original Thanksgiving parade version of "I Believe (in Santa Claus)". Fans have been asking for that since the original performance several years ago.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Neat. Thanks. I do like the Gonzo and Fozzie version of "I Wish I Could Be Santa Claus", so cute!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The cover looks better at any rate. Funny thing, this old album. This was before Matt Vogel became Floyd Pepper, and hearing this older recast will sound strange.

And it comes with a song from Letters to Santa and Jingle Bells with Andrea Boticelli.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wish it would have included all of the Letters to Santa tracks and also I Beleive in Santa Claus (regardless of which version).

Drtooth

Reaction score
At any rate, I didn't get this when it first came out, and I've had trouble finding it anywhere ever since.

The 2 extra tracks are great for those who haven't been able to get it yet. With the movie coming out, it must be easier to find now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have recently been wondering if this album was still in print. I guess the original version would be out-of-print now and replaced with this one.

I feel the Anthony Bocelli track would be out-of-place since it's the only track with a celebrity guest (though it originated in an album where the Muppets were the guests to Anthony Bocelli).

I guess it's good that this is rereleased, considering there was recently an official Muppet album website. It gets the Muppets more albums to promote (I wonder if The Muppets Wizard of Oz and Muppet Christmas Carol soundtracks are still in-print).