Muppets in the crate

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In The Great Mupet Caper, when the crates that Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo were in hit the water, were the puppets radio controled, or were the performers underneath them in a situation similar to The Rainbow Connection from The Muppet Movie, or was it a little bit of both? I noticed in the ride shots that the characters seem to look a bit mechanical when they talk (and they don't move their arms, unless you count Gonzo lifting the door of his crate), but in close-ups their movements seem more natural (and Fozzie did move one of his arms in his close-ups).

Squonk

Reaction score
In The Great Mupet Caper, when the crates that Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo were in hit the water, were the puppets radio controled, or were the performers underneath them in a situation similar to The Rainbow Connection from The Muppet Movie, or was it a little bit of both? I noticed in the ride shots that the characters seem to look a bit mechanical when they talk (and they don't move their arms, unless you count Gonzo lifting the door of his crate), but in close-ups their movements seem more natural (and Fozzie did move one of his arms in his close-ups).
I think I'd always figured it was a little bit of both. The wide shots do have a sort of "stiffness" to the characters movements.