1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Muppets Live at the Hollywood Bowl September 8-10, 2017

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

It's official! The Muppets (and Muppeteers!) will be LIVE at the Hollywood Bowl for an evening of fireworks, special guests and more, September 8-10, 2017 for three nights only!

Here's what's been officially announced:

ABOUT THIS PERFORMANCE

It’s time to get things started, to light the lights... the iconic and beloved Muppets will perform a sensational, inspirational live show you’ll never forget! Join Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, The Great Gonzo and the rest of the zany Muppet gang, including – fresh off their triumphant festival performance – Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem, with legendary rock drummer Animal, for this once-in-a-lifetime experience. All this, plus special surprise guests and fireworks!

Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.

Tickets will be available here:
    http://hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/fireworks-finale-muppets-take-bowl/2017-09-08

More information will be here. Currently it's a dead link:
    http://hollywoodbowl.com/muppets/

2. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

This sounds like it's going to be amazing. It's great that the Muppets are being used in a way that showcases what they do best.

I'm just finding it hard to be more enthused due to the fact that I won't be able to see any of it, as many others won't. They won't televise it, unless they do some type of TV special that compresses al three performances into one.

But I'm happy for all the people who will be a able to go. It's bound to be three incredibly funny nights.

3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I would like to setup an East coast group where we could all go and help with the cost and things. This sounds like one of the closest things to a MuppetFest we are going to get.

4. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Nice to see Uncle Deadly's still around.

scooterfan360 and Duke Remington like this.
  5. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yep, I hope that means they're keeping Yolanda and Chip around as well.

6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

It would be fantastic if Disney expanded the cast of Muppeteers to 8, so Julianne Buescher would be a regular performer.

scooterfan360 and Duke Remington like this.
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Cool! I remember reading in Brian Jay Jones's book about how Henson Associates was a little envious of Sid & Marty Krofft having a successful (debatable) live show at the Hollywood Bowl back in the 70s - now it's time for the Muppets to shine!

8. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I would complain and say how come this can't be in NYC, but in fairness, we get a lot of stuff here including the amazing Carnegie Hall concert from a few years back lol

scooterfan360 likes this.
  9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, you guys in NYC can't have all the fun. :p

10. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

That is true. As much as I'd love to attend this Hollywood Bowl event, I am happy folks on the West Coast will get some Muppet exposure. We're spoiled here in NYC with all the museums, Henson still having offices here, Sesame Street being filmed here and making appearances on the locally filmed shows, so I think it's cool that there are other events going on for fans to attend.

speaking of which, has anyone here been to the Labyrinth exhibit at the Center for Puppetry Arts in Georgia? THAT is something I want to see!

11. dwayne1115

So I know that this is all the way in September, but anyone in the East coast interested.

12. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

OMG! I would love to attend this! If the Electric Mayhem performance was as amazing as it was... this show will be a gem! Better start saving my pennies!

13. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Yes! The Electric Mayhem again!

14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Wouldn't miss this for anything! Was at Muppetfest live at Hollywood theater 2001, Carnegie Hall Tribute to Jim Henson 2012, but this looks like the most epic one yet. Im guessing it will be different guests and slight variations each nite? Probably can only afford one night, so I'd either want to go to the first or closing night.

scooterfan360 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  15. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I hope that there will be video of The Electric Mayhem.

16. Pig's Laundry

Since all the major performers are there, I hope that means we'll have a great variety of characters there besides just the ones that are being advertised. I'm sure a live Swedish Chef sketch would be pretty cool.
    I wonder if there'll be any chance to actually meet the performers there.

MikaelaMuppet and scooterfan360 like this.
  17. dwayne1115

So I just sent the Hollywood bowl an e mail asking about Ticket prices. The Friday and Saturday shows start at 8PM and the Sunday show starts at 7:30. I wonder if that means the Sunday show will be longer? I also saw on the website if you go as a group greater then ten you can get a 20% discount.

18. dwayne1115

Sorry for the double posting but here is the Email I received about the event:

Dear Dwayne,

Thank you for contacting the Los Angeles Philharmonic.

We currently do not have pricing available for the Muppets Take The Bowl. You may check back at the end of April and we will have pricing available at that time.

Roughly, weekend performance range from $30 to $150.

Thank you for your interest in the Hollywood Bowl.

Juliana,

So not bad, at least this gives people time to plan and save!

scooterfan360 and Pig's Laundry like this.
  19. Pig's Laundry

I might be able to afford that. Definitely a better price than that Frank Oz documentary, the Dave Goelz event, and Steve and Eric's appearance at the VultureFest.

20. dwayne1115

Yep the tickets seem very doable, now just figuring out flight and hotel stay. My dream is to try and get as many people from the east coast together as a group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.