1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppets Live at the Hollywood Bowl September 8-10, 2017

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

How about we talk about what songs we hope they'll sing at the concert? Someone on YT says they want Matt's Robin to sing Bless Us All and that'd be great. I'd love to hear Piggy sing Never Before. Because after hearing Eric's awesome performance of Something So Right, I wanna hear Piggy sing Never Before and actually hit all the notes without going off-key.

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well Rainbow Connection is a given, as well as some version of the Muppet Show. Would be nice for Kermit and Piggy to get a nice song. As well as Rowlf, and Gonzo.

3. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Kirk Thatcher confirmed on Getting Felt Up that he and Jim Lewis are working on the script for the show.

4. dwayne1115

I wish i could talk to Jim!

scooterfan360 likes this.
  5. Same here. It would be SO awesome! I'm still amazed by their performance on the live stream of the Outside Lands festival. Who knows what the will wow us with this time? *sighs* I just LOVE that band! :D:sing::flirt::cool::halo:

Duke Remington likes this.
  6. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

7. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Is that Peter linz as Statler

muppetlover123 likes this.
  8. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Yes it is and sounds terrific, also

http://www.toughpigs.com/hollywood-bowl-deets/

More details about the show. Sounds like it's gonna be really good and I'm sad I won't be there, hope people are able to get some sort of video or they record it

Duke Remington likes this.
  9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

:excited:This sounds amazing! Looks like this will officially be another Muppet Show live type thing. Can't wait to hear the newer performers sing older songs. Can't wait to see everyone perform, especially The Electric Mayhem (hopefully). Also, new chapters of Pigs in Space and Veterinarian's Hospital, I wonder if that means we'll finally get the last of those Pigs in Space videos. Also, unless there's some other video with Kermit promoting it, I think it's safe to assume this will be Matt's debut.

Does anyone know if this will be live streamed anywhere?

Aagh, I know i'm kind of changing the subject a lot but this whole thing looks amazing and i'm just so froggin' excited! :excited:

EDIT: Also, something I overlooked, "...some Muppets who have not been seen since their appearances on The Muppet Show over 35 years ago." As Baby Bear would say, vewwy intwiguing...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  10. Pig's Laundry

Also, I can't be the only one who thinks the Muppets should go on tour.

11. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Normally, I would predict a promo with Kermit coming in the near future, but since they are so hesitant to put Matt's Kermit into the world, it is safe to say that we will first hear it on September 8th.

Also, do you think this will be done like Carnegie Hall, where the performers are hidden behind curtains, or do you think that it will be done similar to MuppetFest where you can still see the performers? It's probably the latter (because Disney loves to keep the Muppets "real")

12. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Since they'll be performing fan-favorite sketches, I wonder if the show will also include other such classics as Mahna Mahna, Java, Glowworm, Hugga Wugga, etc.

13. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Can definitely see Manah Manah happening

scooterfan360 and gavry3 like this.
  14. Pig's Laundry

Oh yeah, definitely. It's practically one of their theme songs at this point.

BlakeConor14 likes this.
  15. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

Why arent more people hyped about this? It sounds like a really really cool show

scooterfan360 likes this.
  16. Powerstars

Powerstars Active Member

I feel like Steve's firing kind of soured it for a lot of people. At least, that's how I feel.

17. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Well, I'd still be up for it if I could make it to Hollywood in September. Most fans know, they're going to hear Matt's :) sooner or later.

scooterfan360 and muppetlover123 like this.
  18. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Here's another promo with Fozzie:

Phillip likes this.
  19. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

New promo from Statler and Waldorf, kinda reminds me of the Muppets take Manhattan joke!

20. dwayne1115

I am calling for an act of Silence from the fans! Whenever any of Steve Whitmiere's characters are on stage no one applaud scream cheer and laugh. Let's show Disney we want Steve back!

Powerstars and scooterfan360 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.