Muppets Most Wanted Box Office Numbers

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh god, I can just imagine how sad that'd be.

In other news, MMW is predicted to make $6.9 million according to Box Office Mojo, leading it to a mere 39% dip in its third weekend. Not bad.
And knowing that, it'll probably be just slightly under that. :smirk:

What I would like to see happen, but it won't, is MMW being the alternative film to Captain America for families with children too young to see Cap, and doing some decent business there.

ConstantineFan

Reaction score
Drtooth: I really don't know, since Captain America was advertised on every tv channel and the kids channels(Nick, Disney Channel, and Disney XD). Muppets Most Wanted is only getting their hype from Disney Channel, Disney XD, Nickelodeon, ABC, and QVC.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well I am seeing the movie for the third time this afternoon and going to a different theater so I'll let you all know how attendance is!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
There was no one at my 3:00 showing yesterday, but I saw everyone coming out of the previous showing and there were at least twenty people there.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
My theater was full this evening, but it is a small theater and Friday's are busy. Not indicative of great things, but certainly means things weren't bad.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
So I saw the movie yesterday for the third time and sad to say I think everyone was seeing Captain America but despite the low attendence I think this was the best experience I've had with the movie. People laughed at all the good parts and the best part was during the scene where Piggy is beating the crap out of Constantine in the helicopter there was a lady that yelled "GO MISS PIGGY!" and people actually clapped at the end.

Worst part was before the movie my hubby and I were eating lunch and we heard a father with his son talking to the waitress about Peabody and Rio 2 it took all I had not to turn around and smack them. :stick_out_tongue:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Actually, Muppets Most Wanted did great buisness on Friday. In my forecast I put MMW's Friday gross as $1.5 million, and it made an estimated $1,538,000 on its third Friday, only down 41% from last Friday. It is still probably going to make an estimate 7 million this weekend and will pass the $40 million domestically. By the end of the weekend it will pass the $50 million mark worldwide as well. Its Friday total is still on par with the last film's $1.6 million Friday total. While the 2011 film made money, because of its 5-day weekend, MMW is holding well at the domestic box office.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Went to see it for the second time today and even though it was in a smaller screen it was pretty full