Muppets Most Wanted official movie poster released

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Some of the characters at the bottom of the poster (Animal, Sam, etc.) look too ...illustrated; or, most likely, Photoshoped, and not in a very good way. Their eyes especially look unsettiling (like they were simply beveled and embossed). :scary:

Also, anyone else suprised to see Foo-Foo prominently featured on the poster?

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Kermit definitely looks photo shopped. Plus, Kermit looks like flat faced

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Awesome! I need this on my wall, immediately! (although, Kermit looks a little weird in this picture, but that doesn't bother me that much.)

We should probably expect a trailer any day now, most probably premiering before Thor: The Dark World and/or Frozen.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Fozzie, stop trying to eat Walter's hair.

Gonzo, stop trying to use your nose to inspect for fleas in Animal's fur.

Sam, quit squashing Pepe.

Foo-Foo, get your fur out of Beaker's mouth.

Animal, stop trying to eat the credits.

Kermit... you're out of shape.

Constantine, don't do that in public.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm going to speculate that having fake Kermit so prominent is going to confuse the general public, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just copy and paste all the comments I had for the posters for "The Muppets" and allow all self-appointed wannabe graphic designers tell me I'm wrong...

:mad:

That said, all the terrible posters for "The Muppets" didn't stop it from being a good film so there is hope...in-fact maybe it's a winning formula - Bland, generic movie poster = good film
It's an industry wide problem if you ask me. Cutting and pasting Muppet posers is no different than cutting and pasting CGI character poses from the style guides. Well, with the exception that it's impossible for the Muppets to have the "Dreamworks Face" (that every animation company does...even Pixar!). The last good movie poster I've seen was a promotional one for Pacific Rim that was done as a Japanese Watercolor (or something... I have it, I just can't find it). Even DVD covers are all stock photos and style guide pics. Unless you're lucky enough to find a hand drawn one for a traditionally animated movie. I think the Scooby-Doo and most of the DC comics ones are the only DVD's that even have hand drawn characters on them anymore.

And that pathetic excuse about minimalistic covers "popping" and being child friendly is bull. If Scooby can have original covers for all his DVD's, DTV movie or series collection, anyone can.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The problem I have is the fact that this does not reach out and grab me. I mean it is nice to see Beaker and Fofo, but other then that it really does not have much going for it.