Muppets Most Wanted official movie poster released

galagr

Reaction score
I hate to be "that guy", but I REALLY don't like the way this looks...

I want you to look at this:

If you put more effort into a promotional image for a magazine than you did for the movie poster itself...well, good luck. The movie poster is something that everyone BESIDES Muppet fans will judge the movie by.

And, while the poster for "The Muppets" looked a lot like the one for "Toy Story 3", I found that one to be visually exciting, and I thought it was fun to play "I Spy" with the oodles of Muppets on the poster. This one just kind of has a *thhhhhppppbt* effect on me.

I mean, the title is "Muppets Most Wanted"! There are SO MANY opportunities for a cool poster from that title. You could show the Muppets jumping over a prison wall, or just mugshots of the main Muppets and some of the secondary Muppets, or even have show the gang escaping from a huge hole in a prison cell that Crazy Harry blew up (the latter of which I would kill to see.) Remember the parody posters from the last movie? Make a parody poster about "The Usual Suspects"! Just...not this.

Best part of the poster for me? Seeing Foo-Foo and the pun on the bottom.

So go ahead, let the hate commence.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If you put more effort into a promotional image for a magazine than you did for the movie poster itself...well, good luck. The movie poster is something that everyone BESIDES Muppet fans will judge the movie by.

And, while the poster for "The Muppets" looked a lot like the one for "Toy Story 3", I found that one to be visually exciting, and I thought it was fun to play "I Spy" with the oodles of Muppets on the poster. This one just kind of has a *thhhhhppppbt* effect on me.
I have to agree completely. Personally, I barely see the point of movie posters anymore since they
...all...
look...
exactly...
alike.

The only exciting posters are action movies, and that's because they crowd them with the characters, make them as dark as possible, and have something randomly on fire or sparking. None of them even pop out, since they're identical. Of all the huge advertising budgets the movies get, why not actually spend some on quality imagery. Remember the X-Men First Class posters which were, quite frankly, the dumbest thing I've ever seen... silhouettes of the characters with their faces superimposed on their crotches.

I don't care how many stock photos the Muppets use... even the "toking Swedish Chef" picture from like 20 years ago... nothing is as completely and utterly awful as that. So, I restate... industry wide problem.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Um... looks pretty cheap, sorry. Can't Disney do an illustrated poster like in the good old days, or at the very least, arrange a photo shoot? It's not hard. You're a multibillion dollar corporation. You can afford it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Um... looks pretty cheap, sorry. Can't Disney do an illustrated poster like in the good old days, or at the very least, arrange a photo shoot? It's not hard. You're a multibillion dollar corporation. You can afford it.
Oh, exactly. Contrary to what I've been saying, this is a problem that only Disney is doing and only to the Muppets just to spite us with their huge conspiracy to destroy our childhoods. :rolleyes: I mean, it's not as if every single movie poster they make nowadays is completely boring and fades into the background. That would be rediculous.

No. it's just Disney and just for The Muppets. nothing else.:rolleyes:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Oh, exactly. Contrary to what I've been saying, this is a problem that only Disney is doing and only to the Muppets just to spite us with their huge conspiracy to destroy our childhoods. :rolleyes: I mean, it's not as if every single movie poster they make nowadays is completely boring and fades into the background. That would be rediculous.

No. it's just Disney and just for The Muppets. nothing else.:rolleyes:
Wow and I though Disney loved to makes there fans happy!?

Drtooth

Reaction score
You pretty much defined every company ever.

And even then, the ones that weren't defined don't care how happy any one is no matter how much money they throw at them.

As it's obvious that someone didn't get the sarcasm (no matter how many rolling eye Pepe emoticons I put in a post?! Really?!), so I'll reiterate it for the fourth time.

This is essentially what DVD covers and movie posters, especially for kid's films, look like now. Disney isn't purposely doing this to tick anyone off, nor are they the only ones half butting these posters. The only "effort" I ever see is Super Hero movie posters, and they all essentially look the same. Something's on fire or sparking, there's a heavy blue filter... half the time the characters are shown from the back, looking over their shoulders. And they're the good ones. CGI cartoon posters have characters posed making snarling hip faces (Dreamworks Face, again... and if you think it's exclusive to Dreamworks, you're wrong). I mean, the Smurfs 2 poster was a Smurf making a Peace sign on a white background. And not even the whole Smurf... like the upper left hand corner of a picture of one.

I'd give a shout out to the Wreck it Ralph poster, and even then mostly for the other licensed cameos (except Koopa's now some big Purple Rhino that never appeared in the movie for some reason) getting Wolverine Publicity.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'd give a shout out to the Wreck it Ralph poster, and even then mostly for the other licensed cameos (except Koopa's now some big Purple Rhino that never appeared in the movie for some reason) getting Wolverine Publicity.
That's Neff, the final boss of Altered Beast, and he was in the Bad-Anon group at the beginning and end of the movie.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Personally I think that some of the artists we have on the forum, could come up with a great poster for the new movie.