1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppets Most Wanted rated

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Oct 8, 2013.

1. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

It's rated PG for "some mild action". No huge surprises since the last one was PG but figured the news shall be passed on.

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Do you have any kind of link or anything?

3. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Check BoxOfficeMojo, that's where I saw it.

4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Well the last one was but i kind of expected this one to be PG

6. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Sorry to double post but

Where does it say "some mild action" on the mojo page

7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

8. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I'm glad it's PG. "G" sounds kiddy. PG is a whole different game.

WalterFan1234 likes this.
  9. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Even if it did get a G, it won't bother me. After all, past Muppet films were rated G.

10. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't bother me either, but I want this movie to make as much money as possible. Parents are going to bring their kids to this movie anyway, the crowd we need is everyone else.

11. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Though if made nowadays, some of the G Muppet movies would probably be counted as PG flicks. For instance, I doubt certain scenes in MTI would pass for "G rated" scenes these days. Not that a G rating would bug me. But even so, modern day G films are often considered strictly kiddie fare by the general public.

12. StevieOpossum

StevieOpossum Active Member

I didn't really expect it to be anything above/below PG. PG seems to be the new G.

Drtooth likes this.
  13. Drtooth

Pixar's the only company that gets away with a G rating. And barely. I don't even see why we have a G rating anymore. The system is screwed up.

14. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I beg to deffer. None of the Pixar movies come off as kiddie movies.

15. Drtooth

I just said that.

And yes Pixar is the only ones that can get away with it as they're Pixar. Anyone else will look foolish if you don't want the audience to think you have a 'tude for the hipsters.

Still, it's impossible to get a G now. And no one wants it. So, it's a feat to get something that you don't want in the first place that you can only walk away from if you're Pixar... and chances are a good half of your movies are PG anyway.

16. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

If the Muppet Movie and Great Muppet Caper were released today they would probably receive a PG due to the guns.

17. Drtooth

If TMM was released today, it would probably get a had R because of someone in the background smoking. I'm sure even the references to champagne would get it a freakin' PG-13. I love these moral panic stories where some antsy pants parental group with too much time on their hands says that "today's PG-13 movies are yesterday's R rated movies" because they get away with one or two things. Yet, the list of things that give a film a hard R grow every day. The Wolverine, rated PG-13, had more discretion shots when Wolverine stabbed a guy with his claws than a TV Y7 cartoon show.

Also, I love how they ignore that today's PG films are yesterday's G's. Marketing standpoint or not, every "PG" movie I've seen in recent memory that wasn't Rango was perfectly fine for a preschool audience.

18. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

If all the muppet films were made today, all of them FOR SURE would be rated PG, here are the reasons.

TMM= For Mild Peril and Drinking
    GMC= For Mild Violence, Language, Innuendo, and Drinking
    MTM= Some Thematic Elements
    MCC= Some Thematic Elements
    MTI= For Mild Violence, Language, and some Drinking
    MFS= Mild Crude Humor
    TM'11= RATED G

19. WalterFan1234

WalterFan1234 Active Member

All of the muppet movies would be pg. They all have their moments of pg humor. Especially MFS

20. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

When MTM aired on Movies (tv channel) both times it had a TV-PG rating.