1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppets Most Wanted rated

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Compared to some humor in family films today MMW should've been rated G IMO.

2. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

PFFT, only Canadian ratings are correct, in the USA after 2000 all kids films turned PG! Like how VMX, MWoO, TM, and now MMW are rated PG.

3. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

Really? They're all rated U over here which is the equivalent of a G.

4. Muppet Master

In Canada, basically all those sugar-coated kiddy films that are rated PG over here for absolutely NO reason, get the G ratings they deserve there. Also, films that get G ratings in the US get PG ratings in Canada (like GMC) if the ratings in the US are too inaccurate.

5. Eyeball

Oh really, that's quite interesting, the only muppet production rated PG over here is TMS season 2, I can understand why GMC is rated PG in Canada though due to the gun usage.

6. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

And the word h*** is said in Happiness Hotel.

7. Eyeball

Oh yeah of course that too, why is the word H*** censored on here anyway! it is a bit weak lol cos that's not even a cus or anything.

8. Muppet Master

Why is TMS season 2 rated PG? Hmm, I mean I think the muppet movies, almost all of them, should be rated PG for different reasons.

TMM - barfights, drinking, and guns

GMC - drinking, guns, "swear word"

MTM - Kermit gets run over by car

MCC - RATED G

MTI - drinking, fighting/peril

MFS - nudity, guns, peril

TM - RATED G

MMW - fighting/peril

9. Eyeball

It says on the back of TMS 2 that it contains infrequent mild language and slapstick violence, and all of your film analysis I would agree with.

10. Dominicboo1

Gee I really think Muppet Christmas Carol would be more likely to have a PG rating than Muppets Take Manhattan, because of all the death themes!

Eyeball likes this.
  11. Muppet Master

Well, ya I can at least think of 2 episodes of season 2 (jaye p. morgan, and peter sellers) where there are bombs/explosions off the top of my head, but I don't remember any swearing and I just finished watching all of TMS s1 and s2.

12. Eyeball

Yeah I think the rating on this one is a bit off here, i mean there's some general insults for example in the dom deluise episode but there is no mild language in it to my knowledge.

13. Muppet Master

But, I mean I like it when muppet stuff is rated PG, because a lot of their work isn't G. It's also annoying that when people see a G film they throw it in the kiddie pile even when a movie like MTI or GMC are much more mature then the lorax or ice age 4.

Eyeball likes this.
  14. Dominicboo1

And some kids movies shouldn't be G rated like Cars 2. Apart from being Pixar's weakest, that violence was totally PG, and the same year the Muppets got PG..for fart shoes! Silly MPAA!

Eyeball likes this.
  15. Muppet Master

I know, ironically, TM, which is the most G of the theatrically released muppet films got a PG rating when the six films before it got G ratings. Obviously though, people should know that G and PG are hardly different films "age-group" wise as films like The Lego Movie or Madagascar 3 (PG-rated films) could easily be shown to a group of six-year olds as much as A Bug's Life or Toy Story (G-rated films).

16. Dominicboo1

I agree with you on most counts, but then take Coraline ...there's no way that could be rated G!

17. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

Muppets Most Wanted was rated PG because of the criminal themes and that Siberan prison. I actually agree with the rating they gave it.
    Did you know that movie was banned in some countries because it wasn't appropriate for kids?

18. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Wha???? Kermit's naked in almost everything... why aren't they all rated PG? ;)

Muppet Master likes this.
  19. Muppet Master

I think this sums the movie ratings well.

Really cool.

20. Muppet Master

I never noticed, so are Sweetums, Robin, and Fozzie is almost naked, I have to change all the muppet movie ratings.

TMM - Rated R for intense nudity throughout
    GMC - Rated R for intense nudity throughout
    MTM - Rated R for intense nudity throughout
    MCC - Rated R for intense nudity
    MTI - Rated R for intense nudity
    MFS - Rated R for intense nudity throughout
    TM'11 - Rated R for intense nudity throughout
    MMW - Rated R for intense nudity throughout

The MPAA is crazy, letting all that nudity pass as G, and PG, I need to contact them, and force them to change the ratings to these accurate ratings.

dwayne1115 likes this.