1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

"Muppets Most Wanted" UK Movie Promotions (inc. TV)

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by MuppetDanny, Mar 13, 2014.

1. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Hi MC Fourm,

When the "The Muppets" film came out a thread was created to keep UK fans updates on what TV show, magazine, etc will The Muppet will be om, so with "MMW" is round the corner I thought I would creat this new thread.

So to all UK fans please post on this thread for anyone has any news, thanks.....

2. MuppetDanny

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  3. MuppetDanny

UK TV:
    1) Muppets: Most Wanted - Behind the Scenes
    Time - 19:30 to 20:00 (30 minutes long).
    When - Friday 21st March on Sky Movies | Disney

2)Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway
    Time - 16:10 to 17:40 (1 hour and 30 minutes long).
    When - Sunday 23rd March on itv2
    Ant and Dec continue the latest series of their fun-packed live family entertainment show. Guest announcers this time are the legendary Muppets, Little Ant and Dec meet Hollywood stars Samuel L Jackson and Scarlett Johansson, and Christine Bleakley is put through her paces in another side-splitting I'm a Celebrity, Get Out of Me Ear! The beloved Supercomputer makes its way to Sheffield for more prize-winning mayhem, there are more holiday prizes up for grabs as Place on the Plane continues, another lucky person from the studio audience gets the chance to win the ads, and the Top Secret Drum Corps help the lads put together another hilarious End of the Show Show.

4. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Hey Just Thought I Will Mention About The Toxic Magazine, I Got An Issue Today and the Muppets Are In 2 Pages One a Competition About Drawing a Muppet and Another Being a Puzzle Page

5. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Well-Known Member

I think this would be the right thread to post this news in... I just thought I'd let you know that today I discovered that Odeon Cinemas are doing a "(charity) advance screening" of MMW this sunday at 2PM! I don't know if it's all Odeon cinemas or just a select few but I shall going to the one at the Trafford Centre! :)

When TM was released, I went to an advanced screening at the same place, but I don't think it was this early! (two weeks before the release date) :):fanatic:

panmanthe2nd likes this.
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Last time they did that, *I* was there in the Trafford center too! (This time I'm pretty far away.)

7. MuppetDanny

UK TV Update #1

3)Daybreak(Magazine Programme)
    Time - 06:00 to 08:30 (2 hours and 30 minutes long).
    When - Tuesday 25th March on itv1

Every weekday morning Daybreak covers the stories that matter in the worlds of news and entertainment. Modern Family star Ty Burrell talks about his leading role in the new film Muppets Most Wanted.

4)Daybreak (Magazine Programme)
    Time - 06:00 to 08:30 (2 hours and 30 minutes long).
    When - Thursday 27th March on itv1

Every weekday morning Daybreak covers the stories that matter in the worlds of news and entertainment. Hollywood star Luke Evans talks about his role in the Hobbit films, and the legendary Kermit and his doppelganger Constantine pop in for a chat about their new film Muppets Most Wanted.

5)Alan Carr: Chatty Man (Chat Show)
    Time - 22:00 to 23:05 (1 hour and 5 minutes long).
    When - Friday 28th March on Channel 4
    The 2013 BAFTA award-winning funny man Alan Carr returns for a 12th series of unashamedly addictive celeb-fuelled antics, mischievous chat and top musical performances. The host is joined by an array of international and home-grown stars from the worlds of music, film, TV and sport. In tonight's first episode, Alan is joined by singer, songwriter and X Factor judge Gary Barlow, who also performs his latest single Since I Saw You Last. Comedian and actor Ricky Gervais joins Alan to talk about his latest film Muppets Most Wanted, together with two of the movie's stars - the one and only Kermit the Frog and his froggy nemesis Constantine.

8. MuppetDanny

UK TV Update #2

6) Blue Peter
    Time - 17:30 to 18:00 (30 minutes long).
    When - Thursday 27th March on CBBC

(Visit the Official Web Site)
    Radzi becomes an adjudicator at a huge world record attempt when children from all over London perform a specially-commissioned piece of samba music in support of Street Child World Cup, whilst Barney gets a sneak peek behind-the-scenes of the new Muppets film. Plus, with Mother's Day on Sunday, the team demonstrate how to make a really unique card with a hidden message - it needs paint, washing-up liquid and some sticky back plastic to join in. All that, and the Kaiser Chiefs are in the studio for a performance of their latest single, Coming Home.

9. Scooters Jacket

Scooters Jacket Well-Known Member

It seems that the UK premiere is on Monday 24th at the Curzon, Mayfair in London. I'm seriously thinking of attending. Did anyone make it to the last one to know if it's worth it? My nephew and niece are desperate to meet a Muppet.

10. KingR76

KingR76 Well-Known Member

Next week I need to pay off Sky so I can Sky+ some of this awesomeness. I only wish I could see the Sky Movies show.

:)

11. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Well-Known Member

That's really cool. If you're lucky to meet one, make sure you post a picture and show us.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  12. Scooters Jacket

Scooters Jacket Well-Known Member

13. KingR76

Ant & Decs Saturday Night Takeaway was brilliant!

Just before the main titles we saw Fozzie make a bad joke on Ant & Decs hit song "Ready to rhumble." we saw RIZZO! Kermit, Miss Piggy and of course Animal going berserk in the control room :)

14. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Well-Known Member

Sweet! Any videos of it?

KingR76 likes this.
  15. KingR76

If you go to my Twitter page you'll see some of the pics I took. I need to upload em to photobucket but for the meantime they're on my Twitter profile. Not sure if/when ITV will be putting them up. Hopefully this won't be too long :)

@KingRichard76

16. KingR76

17. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

I just saw it on STV Player. Loved the opening! It was exactly like how your average Muppet Show episode would start and I'm so happy they kept the spirit of it!

All the other appearances were pretty much the announcements but the end with Animal drumming with Top Secret was fun to watch.

panmanthe2nd likes this.
  18. MuppetDanny

Radio Update #1

The Radio 1 Breakfast Show with Nick Grimshaw
    Time - 06:30 to 10:00 (3 hours and 30 minutes long).
    When - Monday 24th March on BBC Radio One

Grimmy meets Kermit and Miss Piggy and there's some big news about Radio 1's Big Weekend!

19. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff The Muppets really taking Britain by storm at the moment. I've also heard that they are going to on The One Show tomorrow which is great.

20. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

Ok so im on my way home from what was a very long but very worth while day at the UK premier.. Great to meet and put faces to names of MC members to.
    Photos to follow :)

Kermieuk and KingR76 like this.