1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets on ABC's The Bachelorette in May

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by SorcererDonald, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. SorcererDonald

SorcererDonald New Member

Not exactly what I expected to read today, but the main spoiler guy for ABC's "reality" dating show "The Bachelorette" posted on twitter yesterday that the Muppets will be making an appearance during a date that will be filmed this Saturday. He didn't say which Muppets will be there.

He is legit, so this is happening, IMO. Kind of a bizarre place for them to pop up, but this year's Bachelorette has a young daughter, so maybe that is the reason? Could be fun, though!

Season premieres mid-May. Since they just started taping this week, I would assume this date would air during the 2nd episode.

Here are the links to the related tweets:
    http://twitter.com/#!/RealitySteve/status/179642148327669760
    http://twitter.com/#!/RealitySteve/status/179642384458596352
    http://twitter.com/#!/RealitySteve/status/179642947480985600
  2. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

WOW...that's an ODD place to see them...I would assume that it would be Piggy...weird.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

4. SorcererDonald

It is really strange. Granted, the Muppets are for all ages, but this is kind of out there.

Maybe Piggy will karate chop some of the lamer contestants, particularly the ones with girlfriends back home, weird habits, etc. She has better judgement than most of these leads do, ha! :D

ETA: The early part of the season is apparently being filmed in Charlotte, NC, so if any Muppetteer ever makes mention of traveling that way this week, that would give us a clue.
  5. Pinkflower7783

I bet someone is gonna hit on Kermit and Miss Piggy is gonna karate chop!!! Sounds Muppety to me! Lol!
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Grrr. I really don't like that show, but I do like that ABC/Disney likes the Muppets and they're giving them top-level exposure. That's what I'll take from this. ;)
  7. Pinkflower7783

I say forget these small cameos on pointless shows like The Bachelor and BRING BACK THE MUPPET SHOW!!!
  8. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't need to watch an intelligence-insulting Reality show to see the Muppets. :: puts in Muppet Show DVD:: :cool:
  9. Pinkflower7783

I mean that's great their back in the public eye but if you really wanna get them back back why not bring back The Muppet Show? I mean there's rumors going around anyways why not just go for it!
  10. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

actually if they're already doing a movie sequel there probably wouldn't be time yet to get another series off the ground. at least right now
  11. Pinkflower7783

Yeah but the sequel probably won't be out till 2014. I think the series would do very well if they just put it on at a decent time slot. Besides that would just give them even more publicity when the sequel does come out. Even if we don't get a Muppet show I hope we seem them in a lot more TV specials especially around the holidays.
  12. Borples

Borples Active Member

Charlotte, hey? Shoot, I'm only about an hour and a half from there. Wish I knew when they were filming so I could go stalk some Muppeteers. Er, I mean, offer some heartfelt fan support, yes, that's what I meant. ;)
    Warldorf and Beauregard like this.
  13. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

awesome walter might be with them
  14. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

I have to agree with both these statements. I don't particularly like the Muppet appearances that feel forced, I think it only cheapens them. Such as when a reality show features another reality show celeb. Hollywood must think we's so dumb.

But on the other hand it does keep the exposure up and possibly reach another audience until the next movie - or even until they have their own show that keeps them in the public eye on a weekly basis. And while I don't particularly care for shows like The Bachelor or Bachelorette I think we'll just have to take what we can get for now. :smirk:
    Borples and frogboy4 like this.
  15. Borples

Borples Active Member

The wonder of the internet is that we won't have to sit and actually watch the show. We can just pick out clips the next morning! :D
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  16. SorcererDonald

Hi gang! Don't know where the date occurred, but according to Reality Steve, it was a group date w/13 guys. The lead's daughter was there (but apparently she was kept separate from the guys).

Piggy and Kermit were the Muppets in attendance for whatever happened.

I'm happy they are getting more publicity, but I still find this really weird! I can't imagine it being as bad as the Piggy/Chelsea Handler trainwreck though, so in that respect, I guess I'm okay with this, haha.

Twitter link: http://twitter.com/#!/RealitySteve/status/181187370798956544
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The fact they're getting exposure is indeed a good thing and all, but Bachelor/Bachelorette is such a toxic program. Even a step above most reality TV shows. I don't know why it all the sudden became popular again, since it was actually about to completely disappear years ago (even Family Guy stated in it's first season after the comeback that it was "once a hit show").

I'm going to wait and see if they post this online. Even Muppets wouldn't get me to watch this program.
  18. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

i'll see it online as well. or maybe have it on mute until i see the muppets show up. i do have to say it seems strange to me, i don't get how they would even fit them in to this

but i don't think the chelsea interview was that bad, i thought eric handled it great, actually. ONLY miss piggy could have attempted chelsea, because she has the ability to snap back like that
    Borples, Pinkflower7783 and frogboy4 like this.
  19. Pinkflower7783

I'll just catch the clip of it online on youtube or something. I refuse to torture myself through that whole show not knowing when they'd show up. I just can't do it! XP

And I just wanna say The Muppets are way tooooooooo good to be on that show!
    Alvin likes this.
  20. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

WAYYYYY to good...I think their reaching on that one...JUST saying

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.