1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppets on CNN tonight at 9:00 EST

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by TwoHeadedLlama, May 23, 2014.

1. TwoHeadedLlama

TwoHeadedLlama Active Member

So I was browsing through my tv guide and saw that The Muppets were to appear on CNN around 9:00 my time. According to the guide, the episode is new. Anyone hear about this?

MUPPETFAN1976 and muppetlover123 like this.
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Yeah Muppethenson reported that this was happeneing. I wonder what it is.

3. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

I don't know. It's not in promotion of the movie, that's done. Well, we'll just have to watch and see.

4. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

On my TV, it's as listed as " CNN Spotlight: The Muppets" and the description says, " The Muppets are the focus." Doesn't give me much info.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  5. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Dang it, CNN is a cable channel. :(

6. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

I feel bad for you. In the morning, if I have time to visit this forum, I'll recap it for you. Remind me in the morning.

7. Muppet Master

Thanks man. :)

8. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

It was fantastic! It would have been nice if they discussed the creation of post-Jim Muppets though.

9. muppetlover123

Was it basically just Jim era focus? like no mentions of TM2011 and MMW?

10. TwoHeadedLlama

No, it did include TM and MMW. Skipped over the post Henson era though. Ending line made me kind of sad though. "If the sequel clicks, they'll be back for more."

I don't know about you guys, but it feels like the Muppets are hanging by a thread at this point. :(

11. muppetlover123

Oh so the only Disney theatrical movies it mentioned then? And how long was it? Im assuming around like 5 minutes.

12. TwoHeadedLlama

The special was about 30 minutes long. The first part of it was about Kermit and Piggy basically, the second part talked about Jim and the history of the Muppets up until his death. The last part talked about the recent movies.

13. muppetlover123

oh nice! i cant wait to see it!

14. Muppet Master

Wow I can't believe they randomly threw this on us with no promotion or heads up. Hope someone uploads it on Youtube.

15. muppetlover123

16. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Gotta love these surprise last min appearances. :p if anyone is on the east coast and is a night owl and missed it it's coming on again at 1AM. I missed it so I'm gonna catch it then.

17. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I hope they'll play it again someday! it was supposed to be repeated at 1:00am but it didn't come on! :mad:

18. muppetlover123

Dang well we can only hope for youtube to follow through!

19. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

20. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Okay I had some issues with certain parts about Kermit & Piggy in the beginning but that's what happens when your a hardcore fan of theirs...:p Other then that I enjoyed the rest especially the Jim Henson segment. And yeah the part where the girl says "parents aren't complaining to taking their kids to see MMW." It's ashame not ENOUGH parents took their kids but that's a whole other subject. And did they also say Disney tapped Jason Segal for a reboot? Uhh...I think it was the it other way around folks. Although I feel like Fozzie "I don't want this moment to end!!" And finally Terry Crews I love when he said "Kermit is a national icon."