MUPPETS on Ebay

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Let's use this thread to discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly finds regarding Muppets (or anything "Henson) on ebay.

I found this tonight:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-RARE-SIGNED-J...8QQihZ015QQcategoryZ19233QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and it took me a while to figure out what "signed" means. Remember when Jim Henson's signature was the logo? That's what this person thinks is an actual 'signed' doll. Ugh. You can look at the tag and tell it's not signed.

There were also several things listed as Muppets that weren't.

Also, is this Kermit coming or going:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-LARGE-PLU...8QQihZ020QQcategoryZ19231QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

muppetperson

Reaction score
I wish people who are selling Muppet items would know who they are.I have seen Zoe(sesame Street) described as Fozzie Bear!!! Then I have seen so many ordinary frogs that people are trying to pass off as Kermit wannabes.I even see fishing lures described as Muppets that has nothing to do with Muppets.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yesterday I saw a perfectly normal green umbrella being sold as a Kermit Brollie...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, not only is that labeled incorrectly, it's hidious...and I say that with a great deal of affection. Speaking of ugly, what the heck?

Also, these are somewhat nice but oh-so illegal.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Those first toys you labled ugly Beau were McDonald's Happy Meal Toys here in the States in the early 90's (maybe late 80's) and they were HUGE! You can't pass a garage sale here in the summer without tripping over them now, but those Christmas Muppet Baby plushes were like the original Beanie Babies and everyone had them.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Those first toys you labled ugly Beau were McDonald's Happy Meal Toys here in the States in the early 90's (maybe late 80's) and they were HUGE! You can't pass a garage sale here in the summer without tripping over them now, but those Christmas Muppet Baby plushes were like the original Beanie Babies and everyone had them.
Oh that's cool. We had a series of them more recently (Well, a good 8 years ago anyway), and I've managed to collect most of them from second handshops. They are slightly less ugly, but still very open mouthed.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Glad that others are a bit offset when searching for Muppets on eBay.

Biggest things that defy my understanding...
1 Whenever people list Muppet Show Muppets as Sesame Street items, like Sesame Street Animal or Sesame Street Gonzo.
2 Those Nascar cars with the Muppets on the hood. Annoy me greatly and I just skip over them.
3 How the heck do things like Kermit golf clubs or Beaker wristbands or Janice Fruit Punch lip gloss have to do with Toys & Hobbies anyway?

Sometimes it just can't be explained when dealing on eBay. Stick to what you're searching and sooner or later you're bound to find it.