1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

MUPPETS on Ebay

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Fozzie Bear, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Let's use this thread to discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly finds regarding Muppets (or anything "Henson) on ebay.

I found this tonight:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2-RARE-SIGNED-J...8QQihZ015QQcategoryZ19233QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and it took me a while to figure out what "signed" means. Remember when Jim Henson's signature was the logo? That's what this person thinks is an actual 'signed' doll. Ugh. You can look at the tag and tell it's not signed.

There were also several things listed as Muppets that weren't.

Also, is this Kermit coming or going:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-LARGE-PLU...8QQihZ020QQcategoryZ19231QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I wish people who are selling Muppet items would know who they are.I have seen Zoe(sesame Street) described as Fozzie Bear!!! Then I have seen so many ordinary frogs that people are trying to pass off as Kermit wannabes.I even see fishing lures described as Muppets that has nothing to do with Muppets.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yesterday I saw a perfectly normal green umbrella being sold as a Kermit Brollie...
  4. Fozzie Bear

5. Beauregard

Oh my gosh, not only is that labeled incorrectly, it's hidious...and I say that with a great deal of affection. Speaking of ugly, what the heck?

Also, these are somewhat nice but oh-so illegal.
  6. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Those first toys you labled ugly Beau were McDonald's Happy Meal Toys here in the States in the early 90's (maybe late 80's) and they were HUGE! You can't pass a garage sale here in the summer without tripping over them now, but those Christmas Muppet Baby plushes were like the original Beanie Babies and everyone had them.
  7. Beauregard

Oh that's cool. We had a series of them more recently (Well, a good 8 years ago anyway), and I've managed to collect most of them from second handshops. They are slightly less ugly, but still very open mouthed.
  8. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

9. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

10. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Heh... Glad that others are a bit offset when searching for Muppets on eBay.

Biggest things that defy my understanding...
    1 Whenever people list Muppet Show Muppets as Sesame Street items, like Sesame Street Animal or Sesame Street Gonzo.
    2 Those Nascar cars with the Muppets on the hood. Annoy me greatly and I just skip over them.
    3 How the heck do things like Kermit golf clubs or Beaker wristbands or Janice Fruit Punch lip gloss have to do with Toys & Hobbies anyway?

Sometimes it just can't be explained when dealing on eBay. Stick to what you're searching and sooner or later you're bound to find it.
  11. muppetperson

And who is the Creator of The Muppets? I thought it was Jim Henson!!!
    But wait, we have some new contenders-Jim Hensen,Jim Hanson and Jim Henderson!!!!! Just call him Jim.That way you will be right.
  12. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Jim Henderson, didn't he create the muppets and harry and the henderson's?:p

People seem to always get Jims name wrong. They could do a little bit of research before they try to sell.
  13. Beauregard

Henderson...wasn't he played by Dame Judi Dunch in a movie recently about calander girls on stage?
  14. Fozzie Bear

Jim Henderson's Muffits. I'm a big fan.
  15. muppetperson

Wasnt it Jim Henderson's Muffins or Moppets!!!!!!
  16. Fozzie Bear

17. Beauregard

So much for searching Gonzo the Great all I succeeded in finding was a softcover version of The Great Shark Hunt Strange Tales From a Strange Time Gonzo Papers, VOLUME 1 by Hunter S. Thompson, in an excellent condition.
  18. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Whoah! This is pretty cool, y'know, if you're into the vintagey stuff.

Can't find the kind of BB I'm lookin for, but I'm sure he'll turn up!
    :D