Muppets on Family Feud

backpackmina

Reaction score
I remember they showed up once maybe in 2002 or something like that. From what I recall, Kermit, Piggy, Johnny, Sal, Pepe, and (for some reason), Mo Frackle were on a team. Does anyone else remember this or know if this episode is on YouTube??

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
I remember they showed up once maybe in 2002 or something like that. From what I recall, Kermit, Piggy, Johnny, Sal, Pepe, and (for some reason), Mo Frackle were on a team. Does anyone else remember this or know if this episode is on YouTube??
You're thinking of the Muppets vs the Dixie Chicks, and the week of episodes with them aired back in 1999, not 2002.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I do greatly recall this week of episodes. But I must correct you on another thing and that is that Miss. Piggy was never on the show. That was during the transition from Frank Oz to Eric Jocabson as her principle performer, so that character didn't get to do things like that at the time. Team Muppets was always represent with Kermit the Frog, Sweetums and Mo Frackle (no doubt that character's biggest role ever) and characters who would alternate were Sal and Dr. Phil Van Nueter as Brian Henson perform them and Johnny Fiama, Pepe and Bobo the Bear as Bill Berretta performed them.

I must also say that as enjoyable as it was than, if they did it today this today it would be A MILLION TIMES BETTER!!!!:fanatic::smile: Not only do the Muppets have a more glued cast of puppeteers which would allow the likes of Miss. Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Sam the Eagle,Scooter, Rowlf the dog and maybe quite a few others on the show. Even if some characters couldn't be on the actual team playing the actual game, a cameo of sorts could and probably would happen, making it even more fun. Plus, let's be honest here, Steve Harvey is a WAY better host than Louie Anderson ever was, in fact in my opinion, Harvey is the best host that show has ever had since the original host Richard Dawson himself. I think he would have GREAT chemistry with the Muppets. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking this really needs to happen actually. :big_grin:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
You're thinking of the Muppets vs the Dixie Chicks, and the week of episodes with them aired back in 1999, not 2002.
Sorry to double post, but that is incorrect as well. It wasn't in 1999, it was in 2001.

backpackmina

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking this really needs to happen actually. :big_grin:
Well with Celebrity Family Feud premiering and the Muppets doing promotional appearances for the new show, it wouldn't surprise me to see them there again!! :wink: