1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Muppets on old Cosby show...

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by wolfy, Sep 25, 2002.

1. wolfy

wolfy Member

Hi, all:

My son and I just got done watching an old Cosby show from around 1990 on Nick at Nite.

It was great! Cliff (Bill Cosby) had eaten a sausage sandwich against his wife's advice and had one HECK of a dream.

The best part starts when he was going through the living room of the house and he suddenly come across the Hippo-critic Oaf, who talks to the sausage sandwich that disagrees with him, and they call in some strong-arm guys (Sweetums and another big monster) to take Cliff to the hospital. It just gets better from there, complete with Gonzo talking about how he did an apendectomy while being shot from a cannon to Digit finally performing surgery on Cliff prior to his waking up.

But it didn't end there...no, in the morning Cliff enters the kitchen and swears to never eat junky food like that sausage sandwich that gave him bad dreams again, opens the refridgerator and all the veggies and such gafaw at him, telling him that "If I had a nickel for every time I'd heard that, I'd have my own refridgerator!"

ANYONE who can tell me where I can find a copy of this show, or who knows what number or it's title was, PLEASE let me know! I'd love a copy of it. What surprised me was that I had never seen it before, and I just laughed and laughed, and it was so wonderful to see the different Muppets I have both grown up with and loved over the years. Even my son enjoyed it tremendously, and he is nearly 18!!

Anyone who can help, I give my thanks now...
    wolfy

2. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Hey Wolfy!! Long time no see. I have the N@N version on tape, although some people on here argue that its editted, and the only uneditted version was the original airing. This, I do not know anything about. What I do know is I have the version you saw in good quality, and I'd love to give it to ya. Your one of my favorite people around here, even if I don't see you too much. Just email me when you get a chance, and we can work the details out off the board. Talk to you soon, take care. :)

-Matt

3. wolfy

wolfy Member

Matt, this would be great!

How much and all that stuff. Even an "edited" version is better than none at all!

I enjoyed what I did see on the show tonight so much I was kicking myself because I didn't know about it earlier, and that I couldn't get it on tape in time. I'd love to have a copy for my family!

You sweet kid! Let me know where to write or send money or whatever, okay?

THANKS!!
    wolfy

4. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Heh, okay Lady Jane, you got an email on the way! :)...eh, or you would if I knew your email address? If you dont want to post it thats cool, just hit the email button under my name and email me first so we can kick out the kinks. (No not the band...they're cool by me as long as they clean the carpet before they leave...) :)

-Matt

5. Joe

Joe New Member

(kicks himself for not continuously checking nickatnite.com)
    (it was on twice(Tuesday and wednesday) because of their odd programming.)

it's episode #138 called "CLIFF'S NIGHTMARE"

their bio is:

Cliffs late-night eating habits finally bite back, with a vengeance! His nightmare is filled with such Muppet characters as overstuffed talking sandwiches, back-talking refrigerator denizens and a bloodthirsty mob of creatures in the operating theater of Cliffs hospital . It seems that Cliff is scheduled to perform a delicate operation for their viewing pleasure, but he somehow winds up on the table as the patient, before waking up safe and sound in his own bed.

6. wolfy

wolfy Member

It was on TWICE???

Now I'm REALLY kicking myself!

Thanks, Joe. It's a great show...we really enjoyed it.

And Matt, I'm heading your way with an email address!!
    wolfy

7. towels

towels New Member

Yeah, midnight and 10 pm in my time zone at least.
    I'm not sure what all would have been edited, but I thought there was a nice tribute screen to Jim at the end. It wasn't there last night, probably because the syndication company had to get their exposure too...

8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

A little off topic, but did any of you see the episode of Cosby (not the Cosby show, his later series with Doug E Doug and Madeline Kahn) with a breif appearance by Elmo? I'm not sure of the title, butm this one is the second part of a two parter (also a dream sequence) in which DOug E Doug's chAracter dreams that teachers are paid the most, while atheletes are struggling by. He has become the most successful teacher ever, and with success comes a big head!

In a generic sort of Entertainment show (about education) they interview others about how big his ego and paycheck has gotten, including John Lithgow, and Elmo.

Not a direct quote, but,

"Elmo, loves Griffin, but Elmo calls and all elmo ever gets to do is (mockingly) talk to Griffin's people, talk to Griffin's people! (sadly) Oscar was right! Oscar told Elmo this would happen. Now Elmo's going back to Sesame Street!"

In case you want to know, Doug E Doug was on Sesame not to long ago as a barber!

9. LordJezo

LordJezo New Member

What was the name of the muppet towards the end of the episode who was going to perform surgery on Cliff? I have been looking and I cant find him anyplace.

10. towels

towels New Member

That was Digit...he appeared on the Jim Henson Hour
    He also can be seen on the new Muppet Central site...click on help and hover your cursor over cards...

11. LordJezo

LordJezo New Member

Digit..

Nice. Thanks!

He wasn't around too much was he?

12. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

He appeared on every Muppetelevision episode of the Jim Henson Hour, and in the Cosby Show episode. I think that was about it for ol' Digit...he was probably destroyed in the revolution.

-Matt

13. CarburetorJane

CarburetorJane New Member

*fails around like a maniac*
    I ALWAYS miss that one! GRAH!
    Oh well... I'll just try and look out better for it.
    I remember watching it with my brother a few good years ago... Like back when the Jim Henson Hour aired!

14. wolfy

wolfy Member

Drtooth wrote:

Drtooth:

Here is the information that you were looking for on that episode. It was aired during the fourth season of "Cosby."
    wolfy

81. Superstar (1)
    gs: Emeril Lagasse (Himself) John Lithgow (Himself) Ahmad Rashad (Himself) Bryant Gumbel (Himself) Patrick Ewing (Himself) Mary Hart (Herself) Elmo (Himself) Bob Goen (Himself) Jerry Rice (Himself) Doug Flutie (Himself) Tom Wolfe (Himself)

Griffin has a dream in which teachers are given the same elite status & salary as professional athletes or actors.

b: 17-Nov-99 pc: 410

NOTE: Madeline Kahn does not appear in this episode

15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>I think that was about it for ol' Digit...he was probably destroyed in the revolution.<<<

Heresy! Luckily there is a new revolution brewing soon...one where I would presume Digit and company are gonna be back.

16. Thog

Thog New Member

I beleive there is a part with Digit that was cut for syndication whre he asks Cliff to fix him. He tells cliff that he has to hit him to do it. Cliff won't do it so Sweetums comes allong and does it. Digit says to Cliff "Any you call yourself a doctor" And then Cliff walks over to the desk and Rudy is there. So some stuff before Rudy was cut.
    I think thats all that was cut...but I could be wrong.

Dan