Muppets Oz Soundtrack and DVD

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Greg reported that Walt Disney Records will release the CD soundtrack to "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" on May 17, 2005 and the DVD on August 9, 2005.

Find out all the details here...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2005/040605.shtml

It's great to see Disney releasing a Muppet CD. Hopefully there are many more on the horizon.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Very cool news indeed! and the Oz DVD will come out very soon after the aird date over the summer! I think it's also nice that classic muppets songs will be on the CD. Even though Muppet Music Mayhem and More which was released only a few years ago, i think it's important that tracks like "Rainbow Connection", "Mahna Mahna", and "The Muppet Show Theme" are released to the public again with Disney now owning them. Then hopeful more classic Muppet songs and soundtracks will be put on cd! Hopeful we will get a few Muppet songs on this Muppet Oz cd that haven't been relased on the Muppet Music mayhem and more CD.
:smile:

Telly

Reaction score
I hope the cd has "Everyone Matters" from It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

...no, no, no, no, no...

Such great news! Can't wait!

...such a long time. Might explode.

Mwoo! Mwoo! Mwoo!

..moo, moo, moo.

christyb

Reaction score
Very good news. Looks like there's two more items on my "To Buy" list. However, I wonder why Disney is waiting so long to release it. Seems like two months after the airing is forever. But then again I'm impatient :wink:.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'm definitely getting the DVD (if I like the movie, which I probably will :smile: ) and if I like the songs in the movie I'll get the soundtrack. CAN'T WAIT! :big_grin:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
YOOOOOOOO HOOOO very awsome!!!! ...I'll be gettin the CD and the DVD!!!! :smile:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Very cool. I hope the CD shows up on iTunes, so I can pick and choose songs...

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Since I first broke the news first of the soundtrack I have received a tons of e-mails asking what songs will be on the CD. I have also sent a lot of e-mails to the folks at The Muppet Holding Co, asking what will be on it. And I have the answer!

The disc will contain five (5) new songs wirtten for "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" along with nine (9) Muppet classics. The CD will be in stores on May 17, 2004 with an average retail price between $9.99 and $15.99 (you can already preorder it from many online stores).

Muppets Wizard of Oz Soundtrack
1. Gotta Get Out Of Kansas - Ashanti
2. When I'm With You - Ashanti/Kermit The Frog/Gonzo/Fozzie Bear/Pepé
3. The Witch Is In The House - Miss Piggy/Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem
4. It's A Good Life - Ashanti
5. Naptime - Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem
6. Muppet Show Theme, The - The Muppets
7. Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna/The Two Snowths
8. It Ain't Easy Bein' Green - Kermit The Frog
9. Rainbow Connection - Kermit The Frog
10. Lady Of Spain - Marvin Suggs & His Muggaphone
11. What Now My Love? - Miss Piggy
12. Happy Feet - Kermit The Frog & The Frog Chorus
13. Tenderly - Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem
14. Halfway Down The Stairs - Kermit The Frog/Robin

And remember to watch the movie on May 20 (ABC at 8/7c).