1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppets Oz Soundtrack and DVD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Phillip Administrator

Greg reported that Walt Disney Records will release the CD soundtrack to "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" on May 17, 2005 and the DVD on August 9, 2005.

Find out all the details here...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2005/040605.shtml

It's great to see Disney releasing a Muppet CD. Hopefully there are many more on the horizon.
  2. Zack the Dog Active Member

Very cool news indeed! and the Oz DVD will come out very soon after the aird date over the summer! I think it's also nice that classic muppets songs will be on the CD. Even though Muppet Music Mayhem and More which was released only a few years ago, i think it's important that tracks like "Rainbow Connection", "Mahna Mahna", and "The Muppet Show Theme" are released to the public again with Disney now owning them. Then hopeful more classic Muppet songs and soundtracks will be put on cd! Hopeful we will get a few Muppet songs on this Muppet Oz cd that haven't been relased on the Muppet Music mayhem and more CD.
    :)
  3. Muppetsdownunder New Member

4. Telly Active Member

I hope the cd has "Everyone Matters" from It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
  5. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

...no, no, no, no, no...

Such great news! Can't wait!

...such a long time. Might explode.

Mwoo! Mwoo! Mwoo!

..moo, moo, moo.
  6. christyb New Member

Very good news. Looks like there's two more items on my "To Buy" list. However, I wonder why Disney is waiting so long to release it. Seems like two months after the airing is forever. But then again I'm impatient ;).
  7. rexcrk Active Member

I'm definitely getting the DVD (if I like the movie, which I probably will :) ) and if I like the songs in the movie I'll get the soundtrack. CAN'T WAIT! :D
  8. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

YOOOOOOOO HOOOO very awsome!!!! ...I'll be gettin the CD and the DVD!!!! :)
  9. AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Very cool. I hope the CD shows up on iTunes, so I can pick and choose songs...
  10. GelflingWaldo New Member

Since I first broke the news first of the soundtrack I have received a tons of e-mails asking what songs will be on the CD. I have also sent a lot of e-mails to the folks at The Muppet Holding Co, asking what will be on it. And I have the answer!

The disc will contain five (5) new songs wirtten for "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" along with nine (9) Muppet classics. The CD will be in stores on May 17, 2004 with an average retail price between $9.99 and $15.99 (you can already preorder it from many online stores).

Muppets Wizard of Oz Soundtrack
    1. Gotta Get Out Of Kansas - Ashanti
    2. When I'm With You - Ashanti/Kermit The Frog/Gonzo/Fozzie Bear/Pepé
    3. The Witch Is In The House - Miss Piggy/Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem
    4. It's A Good Life - Ashanti
    5. Naptime - Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem
    6. Muppet Show Theme, The - The Muppets
    7. Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna/The Two Snowths
    8. It Ain't Easy Bein' Green - Kermit The Frog
    9. Rainbow Connection - Kermit The Frog
    10. Lady Of Spain - Marvin Suggs & His Muggaphone
    11. What Now My Love? - Miss Piggy
    12. Happy Feet - Kermit The Frog & The Frog Chorus
    13. Tenderly - Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem
    14. Halfway Down The Stairs - Kermit The Frog/Robin

And remember to watch the movie on May 20 (ABC at 8/7c).
  11. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Halfway down the stairs with Kermit the Frog AND Robin Frog? What is that about?
  12. GelflingWaldo New Member

The track might include the introduction from the show which has Kermit in it, Kermit might not be singinig but he may be in the track somewhere. It may have been a typo. Or maybe it's even a new recording.
  13. Beauregard Well-Known Member

I see. Cool. Ok.
  14. christyb New Member

Thanks for the song list. However, I'm wondering....Why the same tracks as the 25th Anniversary CD?? I was hoping for some different ones, but like everyone else I'll more than likely buy it.
  15. GelflingWaldo New Member

The 5 songs from Oz and Halfway down the Stairs are new to CD. I think they are going for a differant audiance, they figure the hard-core fans will buy it for the 6 new songs and they can get casual fans by including the hits.
  16. christyb New Member

Me too. I guess, I was wanting some of the lesser known songs to be on this CD. But I understand.
  17. rexcrk Active Member

Whoa! Dr. Teeth and Co. are doing songs for Muppet Wizard of Oz?!!? How can it be bad! :D :sing: :cool:
  18. Phillip Administrator

19. Erine81981 Active Member

I'll get it but why old songs. Why not other Muppet show songs? You know they need to put more of the other songs that have never been out on cd before. I hate when they put same songs out that have been out since the 70' on up. Its not fun when you get something and get others you have heard so many times. I will love the new songs but then I have to put up with having the same songs that I have on, CD, cassettee and records. Sorry to grip at this but every muppet fan know what they want and not want. And we want more other Muppet Songs from speicals. Why not "Frog Prince, Hey Cindereall and Muppet of Breman? I hope I didn't make others mad about me rabbling on and on about how this isn't what I wanted to see but Thanks for the info GelflingWaldo.
  20. GelflingWaldo New Member

This CD marks the first commercial release of Muppet media since Disney acquired the Muppets last year. The Muppet’s Holding Company hopes that the success of this CD will allow them to justify more collections, re-releases, and new recordings featuring Muppet music.This collection was not only created to supply fans with the tunes from “The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz”, but it also allows Disney to share some of the Muppets’ most memorable (and marketable) songs from the past. By including such hits from the Muppets’ catalog, Disney hopes the release will attract past fans, casual fans, and new fans alike. Many hard-core fans are disappointed that eight out of the nine “classics” also appeared on a 2002 CD compilation, “The Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem and More”; Disney states that the success of this album would allow them to dig into the Muppet music archives and release more treasures in the future. They are trying to get the largest amount of buyers by releasing the most popular songs on this release - their first release. If they see people are interested in Muppet music, then they will continue to release more and more Muppet music.