1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppets Panel at D23 August 14, 2015

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by muppetlover123, Aug 14, 2015.

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

2. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Let's hope someone remembered to ask about the Muppet Show Season 4 and 5 DVDs...

atrane likes this.
  3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean we'll get an answer.

4. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I sure hope somebody uploads video of this event! I really would've love to have been there!!!

5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Mouse info says they are recording the whole panel!! So happy

ploobis likes this.
  6. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

7. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Check this out:

ploobis likes this.
  8. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

I think whoever wrote this article is mistaken- I'm pretty sure he meant to say Matt Vogel.

9. Muppetboy09

I was joking. I know that they meant Matt Vogel, as they listed Floyd Pepper as one of his characters.

10. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

They also announced that 4-5 new Pigs in Space shorts will be posted on YouTube in the near future.

11. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I love Kermit saying "Are you sure we can do this song?" Hilarious!

12. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

I'm much more interested in what lies ahead for the Muppets. Right now there is so much new and exciting stuff happening with the new show.

Duke Remington likes this.
  13. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Hate to bust your bubble, but according to MouseInfo.com, video wasn't allowed to be taken at the panel, so that's a bit of a bummer. We might still get a few more snippets though.

On another annoying note, 'Whitmire' is apparently a difficult surname to spell. Who is Steve Whitmore again?

http://www.mouseinfo.com/new/2015/08/the-muppets-take-over-d23expo/

Putting that bad news aside though, I'm incredibly pleased with this particular panel. Disney letting the Muppeteers doing what they do best in front of an audience is a huge step in the right direction.

14. Muppetboy09

NOOO!!! I was so looking forward to the full panel :o

muppetlover123 and ploobis like this.
  15. JimAndFrank

Danny Horn wrote a loose transcript of the entire thing. We can read about it at least:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/970706786304143/

I know it's not the same, but I still enjoyed it. It was actually quite easy to read it in the voices of the Muppets and the performers and I could imagine the audiences laughter at certain parts.

16. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Any updates on Muppet stuff besides the show.:confused:

17. JimAndFrank

Other then the new 'Pigs in Space' skits coming up, I don't think so.

MuppetSpot and dwayne1115 like this.
  18. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We'll see if Pigs in Space has more of a classic feel or if it's modernized like the attempted Muppets Tonight revival. It would also be wonderful if they retain Jerry Nelson's vocals on the Pigs in Space intro.

dwayne1115, JimAndFrank and Oscarfan like this.
  19. JimAndFrank

I'm sure they will use Jerry 's introduction; the Muppets have always been great when it comes to honouring the people who brought so much to them.

I can't wait to see how they go about it. Strangepork has been missing for a while so it will be great to see him again. You never know, we might even see the return of Dearth Nader!!!

dwayne1115 and MuppetSpot like this.
  20. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I wonder who'll perform Strangepork, I think Rudman or Vogel are good choices.:electric:

dwayne1115 likes this.