MUPPETS Screenwriter Nicholas Stoller Says THE MUPPETS Might Be Coming Back to TV

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
As long it's not a sixth season of The Muppet Show, I'm pretty much happy with anything. As long it's original. :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Interesting. It would be wonderful if The Muppets got a TV show. I have a hard time believing that any network would give 'em the time of day for a weekly series, but on the other hand it seems they can't go wrong with Christmas specials. For my money, however, what I'd love to see is that Halloween special we heard about so many years ago.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This is good news, though I'm going to take a wait and see approach since there are a lot of hurdles to jump over in the world of TV series development. Hopefully they'll dip their toes in the water with a special soon to see the reception.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Interesting. It would be wonderful if The Muppets got a TV show. I have a hard time believing that any network would give 'em the time of day for a weekly series, but on the other hand it seems they can't go wrong with Christmas specials. For my money, however, what I'd love to see is that Halloween special we heard about so many years ago.
Network TV would be a terrible fit for them. I could see like 5 episodes airing, and then the rest of them being burned off marathon style in one summer night because they need more room for The Biggest Loser, or The Bachelor, or American Idol or whatever crappy reality competition people only watch ironically. I'd say Disney or ABC family, but tweenagers.

But if they actually have plans for the characters when everyone apparently would rather see Michael Bay's The Bible or Hunger Games but in Space, that's great news. I'd only see a special, however. And I too wish they'd get that darn Halloween one underway. They have enough Christmas to choke a yak, twice as much if you count Sesame Street.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
If they make a new one, it should be at least somewhat like TMS, because that's what all those people on the internet are complaining about, plus even if it does last 5 episodes, watching the muppets on primetime tv for 5 whole weeks in a row is good enough for me, but personally, I wish they'd just go with TMS reruns.

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Yes, they should make a sketch show. But not a complete copy of TMS. They did a theater and a late night show. Maybe Kermit should start "his own tv-company". You can have backstage moments, some bits you can return as "tvshows" like Pigs in Space (and no, I don't mean PiS must return) and off course people want to pilot stuff to Kermit. Which fails because the ideas are bad.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I can see the reviews now.
"The fact that Disney decided to bring the muppets back to TV was a step in the right direction, but the face that Jason Siegel has nothing to do with the show and didn't even write it is appaling. Unless Jason Siegel is involved in a muppet production then it's gonna suck, except that the ones made by that one bearded man were decent, but Jason Siegel is neccassary, without him it's like making a Micky Mouse movie without Micky" --- FOX

Well FOX is full of crap according to ToughPigs, and I stand by that.

sofiasaldanha

Reaction score
I can see the reviews now.
"The fact that Disney decided to bring the muppets back to TV was a step in the right direction, but the face that Jason Siegel has nothing to do with the show and didn't even write it is appaling. Unless Jason Siegel is involved in a muppet production then it's gonna suck, except that the ones made by that one bearded man were decent, but Jason Siegel is neccassary, without him it's like making a Micky Mouse movie without Micky" --- FOX

Well FOX is full of crap according to ToughPigs, and I stand by that.

I read this to my father and he said: Fox! Fox you!