1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by GelflingWaldo, May 20, 2005.

1. Sean Gaffney

Sean Gaffney New Member

2. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

If you read the post at The Digital Bits it says "below you'll see possible cover art for the set"; the key word there is possible.

I have been told by someone working on the set that the data for the discs has been approved and locked in, but the artwork has not been pinned down yet. Many suggestions have been made and rejected for the case/box/disc art. The DVD team is currently scheduled to b approve the final artwork this week. And the full official announcement should be out in the next 7-10 days (along with final "real" cover art).

The art on The Digital Bits may very well be what we see in stores this August, but we could very well see something quite different. Don't assume this is the final or "real" art, but I know that it is indeed one of the looks that the team was considering. We'll have to wait a little longer to see for sure what the final set will look like.
  3. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

I like it. It has a very 'vintage' look to it, like something one might have found in the 70s (it literally reminds me of a number of 70s artifacts I have seen, color and 'texture' wise).

And they had better have the original Season One openings- with everything else they've got, why on earth would they omit them? Sure, Jim liked the later ones better, but so what? The originals have actual content (Fozzie jokes and Gonzo bits et al) that we won't be getting if they're omitted, plus the later openings being substituted destroys continuity. I would have a hard time imagining a set that has all of these extras but leaves out some of the actual original content.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  4. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

5. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Its just not real one. Someone made this one by recording them from other dvd and videos. There not even in the real order they aired. I love the artwork for the box set that is when I see it.
  6. No1MuppetFan

No1MuppetFan Member

7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Coolness!

Now all we need is a UK release date...
  8. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

I always belive Ultimate Disney.com, and there ALWAYS always 100% right on the cover art. I've been visiting that site for almost 4 years now, and there never wrong! ;)
  9. Animal

Animal New Member

Well...i love the cover...but i hate the discs art...!
    To use the "newer" and very much updated versions of Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie & Animal is not good. OK...they look MUCH better now than they did in 1976, but again...it IS the first season of The Muppet Show, and they shouldn´t be ashamed of using the originals!

But I guess I can live with that...just as long as everything else is intact!!!

Well...that´s just my thoughts!

-Hans
  10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I love it all. I'm with Animal I can't seem why they would use the newer version of the Muppets unless its meaning that this is the Muppets selling their own merndise. That might mean why they used the new version of them. I can live with it too. Any way "Where's kermit on a disc?"
  11. Malachy

Malachy Member

Awesome...just...awesome. This will definitely be one of the best DVD sets of the summer.
  12. kelreka

kelreka New Member

Not in USA!

Does anyone know how I could go about ordering one if I don't live in the US? I'm in Australia and no one here has caught wind of it yet. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks!!! :p
  13. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Just buy it from a internet shop such as www.amazon.com, www.dvdboxoffice.com, www.dvdsoon.com this is just a few theres many others.
  14. Docnzhoss

Docnzhoss Active Member

Where, indeed. Perhaps because his collar appears on the cover, they don't want his image on a disc so that people don't get tired of seeing Kermit everywhere they look. It may not be easy bein' green, but it's just as tough looking at it all the time. These are not my sentiments, I'm just trying to see it from a different perspective. I kinda like green, myself. :)
  15. Douglas Fir

Douglas Fir New Member

I have the same concerns about which credit sequences they use, which pilot they include (hopefully we get both), whether any cuts will be made, etc... but I know that I will buy it anyway!

I have all 15 Time Life DVDs, the 3 "Very Best Of" Columbia TriStar UK DVDs and the HMV UK 4-disc box set... but between all 22 of those DVDs I think I only have 6 Season 1 shows (Juliet Prowse, Rita Moreno, Bruce Forsyth, Vincent Price, Twiggy & Mummenshanz - by my count)! So it will be really nice to see 18 episodes that I haven't seen since I was a kid!

I can't wait!!!
  16. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

More bonus features...

The list of bonus features I gave earlier this month gave great information on what to expect on the set but it was not complete. While doing more digging into the details of the set, I uncovered two more features that will be included; "A Jim Henson Retrospective" and "The World Premiere Interstitials".

At the end of this post is an updated list of the disc features; I also updated my Muppet Show DVD frequently asked questions with the new information.

It is still unsure which pilot (or pilots) will be included, and it is still unclear on the state of the season 1 openings too. The folks at Disney continue to put "…and much more" at the end of the listing so I guess there is still more to uncover. I'll keep you all posted as I continue to hunt down all the details.

"The Muppet Show Season One" DVD Features:
    - All 24 season one episodes (with UK skits included)
    - "Muppet Morsels"
    - Original Muppet Pitch Reel
    - A Jim Henson Retrospective
    - Original Pilot
    - Season One Promo Gag Reel
    - World Premiere Interstitials
    - The Muppets' Wizard of Oz Sneak Peek
    - ...and much more!
  17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

What are muppet morsuals
  18. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

The “Muppet Morsels” feature is an all new feature that allows viewers to read “pop-up” trivia on each episode through the subtitle track. The trivia was created and worked on by Michael Dixon (webmaster of kermitage.com), Craig Shemin (Henson writer/historian), Jerry Juhl (Muppet writer) and Dave Goelz (Muppet performer). The trivia found in the “Muppet Morsels” are specific to each episode/scene. They were created on the basis of a new "morsel" pop-up about every 30 seconds (giving viewers around 50 trivia facts per episode). The “morsels” are full of facts about the Muppet, the guest stars, the skits, the songs, and the episodes.

More information: http://muppetnewsflash2.blogspot.com/2005/05/muppet-show-dvd-season-box-set-faqs.html
  19. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

What... What? What! Did my eyes Decieve me?

Jerry Juhl helped write these? So he is still in friendly contact with the Muppets. Oh Jerry Juhl! You've come back to us!
  20. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Yes, you are correct. Jerry Juhl has been one of the big players in the production of these sets. He is apparently on great terms with the Muppets (although I wouldn't expect to see him writting the next Muppet screenplay or television project).