Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Sean Gaffney said:
Well, The Digital Bits just said that Disney announced it officially today, and posted a link to the cover art:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers4/muppetshows1dvd.jpg

Looks nice - very classy. No word on the Season 1 openings, though.
If you read the post at The Digital Bits it says "below you'll see possible cover art for the set"; the key word there is possible.

I have been told by someone working on the set that the data for the discs has been approved and locked in, but the artwork has not been pinned down yet. Many suggestions have been made and rejected for the case/box/disc art. The DVD team is currently scheduled to b approve the final artwork this week. And the full official announcement should be out in the next 7-10 days (along with final "real" cover art).

The art on The Digital Bits may very well be what we see in stores this August, but we could very well see something quite different. Don't assume this is the final or "real" art, but I know that it is indeed one of the looks that the team was considering. We'll have to wait a little longer to see for sure what the final set will look like.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Sean Gaffney said:
Well, The Digital Bits just said that Disney announced it officially today, and posted a link to the cover art:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers4/muppetshows1dvd.jpg

Looks nice - very classy. No word on the Season 1 openings, though.
I like it. It has a very 'vintage' look to it, like something one might have found in the 70s (it literally reminds me of a number of 70s artifacts I have seen, color and 'texture' wise).

And they had better have the original Season One openings- with everything else they've got, why on earth would they omit them? Sure, Jim liked the later ones better, but so what? The originals have actual content (Fozzie jokes and Gonzo bits et al) that we won't be getting if they're omitted, plus the later openings being substituted destroys continuity. I would have a hard time imagining a set that has all of these extras but leaves out some of the actual original content.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Erine81981

Reaction score
Its just not real one. Someone made this one by recording them from other dvd and videos. There not even in the real order they aired. I love the artwork for the box set that is when I see it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Coolness!

Now all we need is a UK release date...

Animal

Reaction score
Well...i love the cover...but i hate the discs art...!
To use the "newer" and very much updated versions of Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie & Animal is not good. OK...they look MUCH better now than they did in 1976, but again...it IS the first season of The Muppet Show, and they shouldn´t be ashamed of using the originals!

But I guess I can live with that...just as long as everything else is intact!!!

Well...that´s just my thoughts!

-Hans

Erine81981

Reaction score
I love it all. I'm with Animal I can't seem why they would use the newer version of the Muppets unless its meaning that this is the Muppets selling their own merndise. That might mean why they used the new version of them. I can live with it too. Any way "Where's kermit on a disc?"