1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by GelflingWaldo, May 20, 2005.

1. Whatever Active Member

I agree!
  2. Mr.Penguin Member

:D :D I'm buyin' this the day it comes out! Beautiful cover too!
  3. MrsPepper Active Member

Well, if it was filmed for TV, they wouldn't be able to have a widescreen version, would they? They'd have to edit the picture, and it would be an unnecessary hassle.

I agree with subtitles, though. They come in handy alot. And you discover really interesting lines you wouldn't have caught otherwise. Moulin Rouge, anyone? "Frank is living in my FOOT." ;)

Um, also, is anyone else worried that the felt covers will up the price?
  4. GelflingWaldo New Member

It was shot in widescreen and edited in widescreen. If you had a widescreen TV you would have seen it broadcast in widescreen and the NYC premiere was in widescreen too. They have a widescreen version available, they just opted not to use it.

The price is already set at $39.99 retail (but store discounts will make it less). I have bought some other box sets that come in textured packaging and the price has not really been affected by it. The felt cover will make it cost a little more to make, but in the end the cost per-set will not be effected that greatly (or noticeably) by using felt vs. if they used plain cardboard.
  5. MrsPepper Active Member

Well, thank you for answering both questions.
    If it was shot in widescreen, that would make a difference, then. I never knew tv movies were edited, I always assumed they tape them like they would a tv show.
    Okay, that makes sense. But I live in Canada, and my worry is that because of the exchange rate, (and add shipping if I pre-order it from Disney) that it will end up being much more than $50 canadian. :sympathy:
  6. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Greg, do we Yet know if this will be released in England?

And/or Mwoo. I am getting the gitters.
  7. HPDJ Member

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to get a multi-reigon player sometime soon!
  8. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

9. morthimmer New Member

Muppet Danny, I've tried to post a message before but I don't know if I did it right... here is what I wrote in it....
    I found a link in an Amazon page where they sell all 5 seasons on DVD, they have artwork and the price is $199 USD, you can see the page here

http://empiricalfilm.com/products.php?iProductID=308&iCollectionID=77

What do we know about this?, I think is not an official product but I have some dutes about it because I think in Amazon doesn't sell illegal products.
  10. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

this is so illeagil copy
  11. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Certainly is...
  12. Douglas Fir New Member

13. Drtooth Well-Known Member

It depends on exactly how they do it, and what they do. Sometimes remastering means they just fix a few things here and there. I think the Bullwinkle sets (in certain episodes) really made progress. In fact, the first episodes on the season one disk did an amazing job of making it sound and look new. But sometimes they use restored when they mean to say remastered, and only the picture looks a bit clearer than the original source.

But Digital is slightly better than analogue in certain cases. Depending on the disk or disks. Things are usually clearer than video, but there is some pixilation on certian things.

But what it all comes down too is that it's much better than having to rewind and fast forward.
  14. anathema Active Member

Digital is - by definition - poorer quality than analogue. DVD is capable of vastly superior quality to VHS, but that's not saying much :)
  15. MJTaylor Member

Everything I have read about the season 1 set sounds good. I hope it does well and that it will lead to Disney releasing it in Australia. If it does I will buy it. Same with Fraggle Rock. :)
  16. MrsPepper Active Member

I preordered my set yesterday at Future Shop, and got a reasonable price for it too. :D
  17. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

18. Toast New Member

Hello Muppet fans! I'm new to this forum and am happy to be here! This is my very first post!

I have to say that I am thrilled to have the Muppets first season on DVD and I will let all you Canadians know where the best place to buy it will be!

The furry cover is a great idea.
  19. MrsPepper Active Member

Ah, welcome, my fellow Canuck! :D Muppet Central is awesome, you'll love it here.
    I've ordered my set at Futureshop for 39$, which I didn't think was too bad considering I'm picking it up in store (as in, no shipping fees tacked on, only tax). If you end up finding it somewhere else cheaper, I'll feel pretty silly!
  20. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

5 weeks to the release

sorry 6 wks left