Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

Malachy

Reaction score
Awesome...just...awesome. This will definitely be one of the best DVD sets of the summer.

kelreka

Reaction score
Not in USA!

Does anyone know how I could go about ordering one if I don't live in the US? I'm in Australia and no one here has caught wind of it yet. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks!!! :stick_out_tongue:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
"Where's kermit on a disc?"
Where, indeed. Perhaps because his collar appears on the cover, they don't want his image on a disc so that people don't get tired of seeing Kermit everywhere they look. It may not be easy bein' green, but it's just as tough looking at it all the time. These are not my sentiments, I'm just trying to see it from a different perspective. I kinda like green, myself. :smile:

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I have the same concerns about which credit sequences they use, which pilot they include (hopefully we get both), whether any cuts will be made, etc... but I know that I will buy it anyway!

I have all 15 Time Life DVDs, the 3 "Very Best Of" Columbia TriStar UK DVDs and the HMV UK 4-disc box set... but between all 22 of those DVDs I think I only have 6 Season 1 shows (Juliet Prowse, Rita Moreno, Bruce Forsyth, Vincent Price, Twiggy & Mummenshanz - by my count)! So it will be really nice to see 18 episodes that I haven't seen since I was a kid!

I can't wait!!!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
More bonus features...

The list of bonus features I gave earlier this month gave great information on what to expect on the set but it was not complete. While doing more digging into the details of the set, I uncovered two more features that will be included; "A Jim Henson Retrospective" and "The World Premiere Interstitials".

At the end of this post is an updated list of the disc features; I also updated my Muppet Show DVD frequently asked questions with the new information.

It is still unsure which pilot (or pilots) will be included, and it is still unclear on the state of the season 1 openings too. The folks at Disney continue to put "…and much more" at the end of the listing so I guess there is still more to uncover. I'll keep you all posted as I continue to hunt down all the details.

"The Muppet Show Season One" DVD Features:
- All 24 season one episodes (with UK skits included)
- "Muppet Morsels"
- Original Muppet Pitch Reel
- A Jim Henson Retrospective
- Original Pilot
- Season One Promo Gag Reel
- World Premiere Interstitials
- The Muppets' Wizard of Oz Sneak Peek
- ...and much more!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
What are muppet morsuals
The “Muppet Morsels” feature is an all new feature that allows viewers to read “pop-up” trivia on each episode through the subtitle track. The trivia was created and worked on by Michael Dixon (webmaster of kermitage.com), Craig Shemin (Henson writer/historian), Jerry Juhl (Muppet writer) and Dave Goelz (Muppet performer). The trivia found in the “Muppet Morsels” are specific to each episode/scene. They were created on the basis of a new "morsel" pop-up about every 30 seconds (giving viewers around 50 trivia facts per episode). The “morsels” are full of facts about the Muppet, the guest stars, the skits, the songs, and the episodes.

More information: http://muppetnewsflash2.blogspot.com/2005/05/muppet-show-dvd-season-box-set-faqs.html

Beauregard

Reaction score
What... What? What! Did my eyes Decieve me?

Jerry Juhl helped write these? So he is still in friendly contact with the Muppets. Oh Jerry Juhl! You've come back to us!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Jerry Juhl helped write these? So he is still in friendly contact with the Muppets. Oh Jerry Juhl! You've come back to us!
Yes, you are correct. Jerry Juhl has been one of the big players in the production of these sets. He is apparently on great terms with the Muppets (although I wouldn't expect to see him writting the next Muppet screenplay or television project).