Muppets segment on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson on DVD!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this exactly or if it had already been posted, but it looks like a huge DVD boxset of memorable episodes of The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson will be coming to DVD soon!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tonight-Starring-Johnny-Carson-4-Decades-of-Tonight/14547

And one of the episodes included is the December 31, 1965 episode which includes an appearance by The Muppets! I don't think most folks would want to buy the whole set just for that appearance unless they're also huge fans of Johnny Carson, but I just thought it would be worth noting that this segment will be on DVD. Maybe Amazon would make this one of those things you can get as an episode on demand- and then you could just download the one episode with The Muppets rather than buy the whole DVD set.:search:

ploobis

Reaction score
I'll be buying the set and not just for the Muppet appearance, I love Johnny Carson!

I've been wanting to buy this release before I found out about a Muppet appearance being included in this set. I also have the Definitive Johnny Carson DVD collection too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't know if I'll buy this just for one episode with two Muppet appearances (especially considering I have two different DVDs with versions of the Inchworm sketch). If I was a big Tonight Show fan I might but I've never really watched it much.

Still, if this set sells well enough, it would be cool to eventually see a boxed set containing episodes with guest hosts, including Kermit's 1979 appearance.

It's interesting. It's widely sourced that most of Johnny Carson's shows from the 1960s no longer exist, and yet the Muppets first appearance during the Carson years does still exist (I just recently looked at the Tonight Show page at Muppet Wiki, and it claims this was the Muppets first Johnny Carson appearance). We're lucky!