Muppets sequel plot and promotional photo in Entertainment Weekly

galagr

Reaction score
I found this little image in my research for Muppety compositions and things. I doubt anyone changed the Mayhem's name. It's probably just one of those things, like when they sometimes pronounce Rowlf's name as Ralph. :sympathy: It's just awkward.
Or misspelling Fozzie as well, you know..............

minor muppetz

Reaction score
While I am glad that the reason for the Muppets being in Europe is because they are on a world tour due to their celebrity status (and I assume newfound popularity after the events of the previous film), judging by the plot I actually feel like it'd be better if this film took place in a continuity where the Muppets aren't world-famous (maybe a struggling performance group who isn't exactly big). Because we get Kermit, the star of a famous troupe of performers going on a world tour that's been selling out at big theaters, getting mixed-up with a #1 most wanted criminal. I would think that, given Constintine's supposed status as a criminal, that many would recognize the similarities of how the two look. Even if wanted fugitives are not as famous, I would think those looking for him would notice his resemblance to a celebrity of Kermit's status.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
...um, I think the point is that Kermit would be posing as the criminal, using a false name. It's called "undercover".

jvcarroll

Reaction score
While I am glad that the reason for the Muppets being in Europe is because they are on a world tour due to their celebrity status (and I assume newfound popularity after the events of the previous film), judging by the plot I actually feel like it'd be better if this film took place in a continuity where the Muppets aren't world-famous (maybe a struggling performance group who isn't exactly big). Because we get Kermit, the star of a famous troupe of performers going on a world tour that's been selling out at big theaters, getting mixed-up with a #1 most wanted criminal. I would think that, given Constintine's supposed status as a criminal, that many would recognize the similarities of how the two look. Even if wanted fugitives are not as famous, I would think those looking for him would notice his resemblance to a celebrity of Kermit's status.
You're looking for logic in a Muppet movie...​
:embarrassed:

patchlion

Reaction score
Love the new pics and plot of the new movie.
I like the idea of the Muppets on a world Tour doing The Muppet Show!
Just a thought - Disney bought the Domain name - Muppets on Broadway sometime ago. Could the Muppets bring their Show to New York? There is some amazing potential movie promotional tie-ins here!

dwmckim

Reaction score
I love how they're not ashamed to flaunt the parallels between this film and GMC...i'm sure they'll be lots of little winks and nots to GMC for the hardcores to geek over.

I love how the wanted poster uses a touched-up Bad Poser Kermit shot...those bad posers have long deserved to be on wanted posters!!!

And geeky Muppet Freak in me can't help but getting way too excited over seeing "Platform 2"...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love this!!!!!! :flirt:

For those complaining about the plot, all of the original Muppet movies had standard plots just like this one...

Let's take a roadtrip to Hollywood and put on a show!
Let's go to England for a story and solve a crime!
Let's go to NYC and put on a show!

The Muppets bring the fun to the concept and not the other way around..cough...cough...MFS. :concern:
Dude, as long as the plot for a Muppet Movie doesn't have the words "Classic retelling" in them, I'm ecstatic. I hope all Muppet Fandom will agree with me on that.