Muppets series 8 review

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
I love dem Muppets. This line, from Palisades, continues to be one of the most imaginative, creative, and finest overall lines on the market today. They've just released wave 8, consisting of Dr. Phil Van Neuter, Sam the Eagle (normal version), Movie Usher Scooter, and Marvin Suggs and his Muppephones.

The sculpting, articulation and accessories are amazing once again. Unfortunately, I had some real paint issues, but that was my only real complaint.

You can check it out at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

rexcrk

Reaction score
As usual a great review! :big_grin: Meesa want all the new figures. Actually my dad just conveniently gave me a good sum of money. If I can I'm gonna go out and buy the whole set (and Beauregard too, 'cause I don't have him :wink: ) if I can find it. You know I think it woulda been kinda neat if Scooter came with a pair of 3D glasses too :halo: He's the first Muppets Take Manhattan figure right? Looking forward to the review of repaint of Marvin and "shifty-eyed" Sam

WiGgY

Reaction score
ooo, nice pictures. Scooter's Likeness changes with each picture I see. OThers have been really bad, but thiese pictures make him look a lot better. I am surprised that the head is so shiny though. What's up with that? I guess I'll have to try to repaint my Scooter's head when I get him. Phil doesn't look as shiny.

Scale does seem kind of odd. Scooter is SUPPOSE to look like that though. Those are the proper proportions. If there are other Scooter variants they will have those proper proportions as well. So, while the review kind of puts that as a negative aspect, I think it's great! Consistant size is not as important as improvement, especially with a line like this that is so diverse in size and shapes.

Phil is kind of big, but he is a rather large scale puppet. Really big. So, while it doesn't seem right, the scale is correct. Beaker and Bunsen are less comles and smaller. Phil towers above them.

Marvin does look short. I think the MT puppets were just larger overall though. Also, we really never saw MArvin with any others very often so it's hard to tell. From what I've seen, the scale is about right.

Sam is Sam. He just plain Rocks!

Fozzie

Reaction score
Great review! I really need to save up the $$ to get this series, and Sweetums of course.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
My only criticism (in addition to agreeing with Michael's comments about the frosted doughnut look on Sam) is that, looking at the series as a whole, there seems to be a running theme of semi-gloominess. The brown and blue colours dominate the overall look of the series, and it just makes the series not as vibrant as others.

Of course, one could only be that picky because Palisades is such a quality manufacturer, that they let you expect little details like this to be attended to. It'd certainly never stand out as a criticism for a Hasbro line

Cherry "colour and movement" Pizza

CherryPizza

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
You know I think it woulda been kinda neat if Scooter came with a pair of 3D glasses too :halo: He's the first Muppets Take Manhattan figure right?
Hear bloomin hear!

Mewants the characters in sparkly purple and silver suits to replicate the Manhattan Melodies costumes

Mewants a Manhattan Melodies stage

Somehow, somewhere, some figure needs to have the "peoples is peoples" speech worked into one of their accessories... but which Muppet is most prone to philosophy though? Perhaps it could have been written in Sam's constitution, but since it's too late for that to happen... um... any suggestions?

Macky G said it best: I WANT IT ALL

Cherry "take some bites outta the big apple" Pizza

WiGgY

Reaction score
The constitution tht comes with sam is a copy of the REAL American constitution. Peoples is peoples is not in our constitution, though maybe it should be.

I STILL say Scooter needed more accessories. Ken may be really proud of that popcorn cart, but there were so many other choices to put with Scooter. The execution of the Usher Scooter was poor. This saddens me greatly since I was one of the people to think of this variant long long ago, in the before time.

Scooter SHOULD have had a smaller counter top popcorn machin, some nice pop corn boxes with popcorn. 3d glasses. tickets. A poster for the Killer Fish movie. AND MUCH MUCH MORE!! The ball was dropped here for a freaking popcorn cart that didn't even exist in the movie. Lost opportunity for some great movie accurate stuff. Why not include Baby Scooter with Usher Scooter? At least that would have been movie accurate.

How can a series with Marvin Suggs not be vibrant? I think this series is vibrant enough. All but Scooter look great in their clamshells. (Scooter is just too empty) I think the colors are great though. I think Sam should have been darker blue like the 80's Sam puppet. I love the 80's Sam look with the darker blue and sharp beak. The daily bit shown awhile back had better color.

rexcrk

Reaction score
How great would it have been if Usher Scooter came with cups for the Swedish Chef when he was twirling them around his eyes going "Dood-de-le-dee dee doo doo dee!" :halo: