1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets to star in Pizza Hut Super Bowl Commercial

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Zack the Dog, Jan 24, 2004.

1. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Did I miss something here??? :confused:
  2. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Yeah, there was some guy who watched the commercials being shot and commented on it, really interesting stuff, and his post diappeared, leaving those of us who commented on it looking like idiots.
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Sometimes people with the 'inside' might post something that gets a little 'iffy' on the Conflicts of Interest situations; so, they may request their post to be removed.
  4. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Oh, that clears it up a bit. I thought you people had lost it. lol.
  5. toyzboy

toyzboy New Member

Well, alot of fun is made of Jessica not being too bright, ie, not knowing "chicken of the sea" is not chicken but tuna. So, my GUESS is there might be some gag about Jessica ordering/eating a pizza with bacon in front of Piggy, not "getting" where bacon comes from. Or Piggy saying "Don't you dare order bacon on that", and Jessica saying, "Why not"?, etc.
  6. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

does PH offer bacon?
  7. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Yuppers.

I always want to order pepperoni and bacon, but I've only ever gotten it once. It's really good.
  8. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

... LOL!
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

10. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I just saw a clip of this commercial on CBS news, and it didn't look like Jessica actually talked to any of them. And she was sitting right next to Kermit. I usually post on the Sesame Street forum, and I'm not a huge fan of the Muppets, but this is way cool!! Muppets and a young, hot celebrity! Way cool!!
  11. guysmiley4ever

guysmiley4ever New Member

I've seen quite a bit of the Muppets commercial.
    They like play clips of the new Super Bowl ads so much, they showed almost the whole thing.
    It's something about Pizza Hut...Miss Piggy got mad because Jessica Simpson likes pepperoni and sausage on her Pizza, and Kermit replies that he 'dates pepperoni and sausage' ? ...thats the part I saw.
    Also, Miss Piggy's voice was a bit hoarse and she didn't sound like her old self, so probably not Frank Oz :(

blah, Jessica Simpson...does she just act ditsy or like that for real??...hmmm.

anyhoo, I haven't watched the Super Bowl since about 1992. I watched the half time show and 'In living Color' was doing something. Pretty funny.
    But I doubt that I watch it this year. I'm glad that the muppets are doing stuff again. It's always good to see them. :)
  12. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

Jessica Simpson IS that ditzy. At first, I thought it was an act, but the more interviews and stuff I see her in, I realize she's just ditzy.
  13. guysmiley4ever

guysmiley4ever New Member

my goodness. that's sad and kinda scary. wow. :eek:
  14. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

what's even scarier....people adore her for her 'personality'
  15. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

The one I just saw didn't have Jessica at all. Kermit was trying to order over the phone when Animal, Gonzo, Fozzie and Piggy all dog piled on him, yelling out what toppings they wanted.
  16. Lynnette

Lynnette Member

I'm wondering if there is a series of commercials leading into the Super Bowl. I just saw a commercial where Muppets are fighting over pizza and, of course, Miss Piggy knocks everyone out of the way in the end. :mad: Hiii-yaaa!

This will make it more interesting to watch today. The commericals are always more fun than the game anyway. At parties, everyone talks during the game and gets really quiet to hear the commercials! It's like some reverso television universe.

-Lynnette
  17. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I saw the commercial! Yay! I didn't think I'd be able to because I don't have a TV, but the cafeteria was showing the Super Bowl on TV when I went to eat dinner. I hung around for 3 commercial breaks and got to see it! Yay! :flirt:
  18. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

They way Kermit was looking at Jessica seemed wrong for some reason. This is the first time I was really glad Piggy budded in.
  19. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

I concur! *Shakes fist* Great commercial, though.
  20. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Meat!

*takes a frying pan to the face*