1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets to star on "The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour"

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by AnimalD, Mar 22, 2004.

1. AnimalD

AnimalD New Member

Courtesy of E! Online (www.eonline.com) (First Look - 3/22/04):

"Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey getting an ABC TV special April 11 called The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour. Guests will include Jewel, Babyface, Kenny Rogers, Baseball Hall of Famer Johnny Bench, Mr. T, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy."
  2. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

A mix of "yay" and "nay" from my end.
  3. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Yay for some good and interesting guests.

Extended story-

Lachey, Simpson to Appear in Variety Show
    (AP, 03/22/2004 10:16 AM)

Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson are getting a full hour of wackiness and song. They'll star in a one-shot television special on ABC called "The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour."

It will feature a series of sketches and musical performances featuring the 'Newlyweds' stars.

Guests include Jewel, Babyface, Kenny Rogers , Baseball Hall of Famer Johnny Bench, Mr. T, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy.

Lachey and Babyface will do a duet of the Stevie Wonder song "For Once In My Life," and Simpson and Jewel will sing "Who Will Save Your Soul." "The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour" will air on April 11.
  4. Klonoa

Klonoa New Member

That's cool that the Muppets are on it but I don't know if I'd be able to sit through the rest of it.

--Klonoa
  5. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this! Jim Hill had reported talk of this last week, but now it seems ABC has set air dates. BTW, ABC is hitting the ground running with the Muppets - first this special, then the "Muppet Oz" movie and finally - if the ratings for those are good - an all new Muppet show in Feb.

Yaaaay!!! :)
  6. Beebers

Beebers New Member

Ditto.
  7. PePe's Lost Luv

PePe's Lost Luv New Member

All for the muppet show to reair!!! They have my vote of yes on it (if it would ever matter)

Happy to see them on tv again but wish it was with someone else actually, sorry to say just not their fan.. (N & J) Good luck with the show anywho...
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

A little dissappointed it's just Piggy and Kermit. I hate the idea of this special, but if the Muppets AND Mr.T will be on it, I'll watch!!! :D
  9. foofoocakes

foofoocakes New Member

Its a pity that The muppets will have to dumd down their comedy so Jessica and Nick will be able to understand it. :)
  10. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

Man, I thought the "Variety Hour" format died out with the 8-track. :D
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

'ottid.

BTW, Dr Teeth, I love your avatar.
  12. Beebers

Beebers New Member

Isn't it? LMAO.

:D
  13. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

There is a fullpage ad for The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour in Entertainment Weekly.
  14. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

I did just see an ad on TV for this a few days ago, I seem to catch it more then half way threw the ad when I turned it on and I saw most of it sadly it didn't show any Kermit and Piggy clips from what I saw.

I have to say that Jim Hill artical is VERY miss leading, i'd have to read it again...wherever it is?...but if i remember somewhat he made it seem like this was "A Jessica/Nick and Muppet Variety hour and it was made due to the success of the Jessica and Muppet Pizza Hut ad's!!!" if that's what I read right, i could be wrong but that is way of from what this is, this basicaly has nothing to do with the Muppets,they are just guests, it's because of that newlyweds show with Nick and Jessica. Then going on with the success of the Muppet Pizza hut ad with Jessica that's one thing that help Kermit and Piggy get onto this show.

Like I said I could be wrong, i just quicky read Jim Hills artical. :zany:
  15. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I'm not really excited about this. I won't be watching it, but hopefully it might make some new Muppet fans!
  16. They showed a clip on Acess Hollywood last night. Kermit and Piggy said nothing, they just stared at Nick and Jessica. Jess went "Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy!" and there was a large neon sign that said Kermit or something.
  17. Klonoa

Klonoa New Member

I heard an ad for the show last night. I say 'heard' because I was in another room when the TV was on. The only thing I heard was Piggy yelling "I'm the star!" and then an announcer voice saying "Nick and Jessica Hour this Sunday!" Or something...

--Klonoa
  18. GonzoPimp

GonzoPimp New Member

Isn't it sad that is the Norm. Lets keep our fingers crossed for Oz, though its sad to think a New Muppet series might be dependent on the Oz ratings.
  19. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Yes, but if Oz does as well as VMC--11 million viewers--I think we'll be alright.
  20. Thog

Thog New Member

Pepe is going to be on it too.