Muppets Tonight on DVD

Sistah Blue

Reaction score
Maybe this thread has been done before, but forgive me for I am new.

Does anyone know if there are plans to release The Muppets Tonight on DVD ?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
not as of yet i e mailed henson a month ago and they said no so im sorry to be the one to tell ya but not right now but if they see a great need for it they might do it someday. :smile:

Sistah Blue

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
not as of yet i e mailed henson a month ago and they said no so im sorry to be the one to tell ya but not right now but if they see a great need for it they might do it someday. :smile:
Let's petition !! hehe

That's a pity, because i'd like to expend my collection, I've got the Muppet Series on VHS (only before I managed to get with the times and get a DVD player). The original Muppet Movie is out on DVD though isn't it.

jediX

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect it, at least not for a very long time. Probably the only way it will ever appear on dvd is on some user-created set.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I have all of the original broadcasts on VHS, but I was just thinking last night that I wish they would put out a couple of DVD box sets. Shouldn't be too hard, and they could keep the costs down by limiting the extras and limiting the numbers they produce. I'd really love to have this series on dvd.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Limited runs don't necessarily save money. In fact, some smaller runs cost more to produce! When I was in a band that was releasing our material for sale, we got 1000 CD's of our first album for only a little more than our second album cost, and that was a run of 500! It's hard to say what will sell, also, as we should have done it the other way around, since we had several left over of our first album and we sold the second out completely. We even produced a limited run of each on 8-track (I did them myself ONE AT A TIME) and THOSE sold out! Who knew?? I had to steal one of each of the 8-tracks for myself!

Anyway, most companies look at immediate cost, not fan interest, unfortunately, and I think we're stuck on a lot of the stuff we're waiting for. I know everyone that comes here would buy this stuff, but I don't think that the companies think that's enough. Put that together with the fact that sometimes more than one company controls parts of the same show (i.e. Jimmy Dean show) and you've got a tug-of-war on your hands, my friend!

later
eric

agger_rob

Reaction score
A little market research should show how much interest would be in the Muppets Tonight DVDs. I would love to see these again. I've never even seen all all of them. Maybe Disney can have some input into this...

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Man, it took me forever to find this thread but I knew it had been done before and I didn't want to create a new one...

Anyway....now that the First Season of TMS is out do you think it will be long until we see MT on DVD? I would ABSOLUTELY love it! Anything for more Pepe, ok! :rolleyes: :smile:

Ernie101

Reaction score
TMS is out.. so why not? I think it is possible, and I think you'll agree with me. Two years ago people were saying no way, however I'm thinking maybe once they get the whole season of TMS out their could be MT releases.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I think so. They could do "Muppets Tonight! The Complete Series" since it only had what, 26 episodes? If TMS goes really well, I thinkk we will be seeing it.