Muppets Tonight pilot

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I'm just curious what the pilot was like. Was it like a slightly different version of the Michelle Pfeiffer episode? Kind of like The Muppet Show after the 2 pilots, I've read there was 2 or 3 different versions of the Juliet Prowse episode. Is there a pilot for Muppets Tonight? The reason why I ask is I remember reading somewhere that there was an unaired pilot episode so I'm just curious if anyone ever seen it, what was it like.

Vicki Fraggle

Reaction score
I swore there was a pilot where Kermit was auditioning for mcs and he found Clifford.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I swore there was a pilot where Kermit was auditioning for mcs and he found Clifford.
It would be strange if that was the actual plot because he already knew him on The Jim Henson Hour. I didn't mind Clifford being host, though I wished I seen more Kermit on the show perhaps like in a boss's office. Though I wished Clifford still had his sunglasses on. It's like Clifford with no sunglasses isn't Clifford like Kenny (Of South Park) isn't Kenny without his trademark hood on. Then again, just my opinion. Clifford was more laid back kind of like Floyd in a way. It's like picturing Floyd being Panicy like Kermit, that's sort of what happened with Clifford. But Clifford was still sort of a rare character because The Jim Henson Hour didn't really rerun except for The Secrets of The Muppets on Nickelodeon in the 1990s and Clifford's appearance in It's Not Easy Being Green. It's almost like as if he was just a new character, but technically he wasn't, just the personality. But it was great that he went back to his old cool self, sunglasses and all by the time of Muppets From Space. I miss Clifford. He seemed like he really fit into Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem in a way. I wonder why he left the band Solid Foam? :big_grin: