Muppets Tonight/Sal Merchandise?

Luke

Reaction score
I don't play with my action figures, I mean. You know...it's...

Okay, I do play with them. :embarrassed:
Don't feel embarrassed Kev, at least people have no idea how you like to dress them up.

oops :embarrassed:

I'm worse, i have a vintage tic-tac collection, and lets not mention celebrity belly button fluff

Luke

Reaction score
Actually Ed, if I may do a little knitpicking here, it's actually Sal Minilla, which distinguishes his name from the disease. No biggy, but it might assist people in looking for him.
:smile:
I think Henson have used Sal Manella before as well. Strange.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Articulated Robin, Sal, Bobo, and Bean Bunny and my collection would have been complete! The only 4 that I wanted (the variants would have been nice, but I could have been making shows with my figures and...

I don't play with my action figures, I mean. You know...it's...

Okay, I do play with them. :embarrassed:
What could have been. Ken Lilly really tried to get a Sal figure made even after the company folded. I think that's pretty much gone now. I've said it before, but I think the size of the figures, expense of the many accessories and low price-point of the figures (they really should have been $15-19 each) fueled the demise of the line and maybe even Palisades. :sympathy:

My collection seems incomplete without Sal. But at least Johnny can hold up that picture frame in the Steppin' Out variant. :wink:

There's a painted pic of Sal somewhere around the web. I know there's one locked inside my old computer.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Then take stick to piñata and bust that bad boy out!

Aleal

Reaction score
Sal Minella was used on-screen on "Muppets Tonight" when Sal set up as an osteopath, on his home-made sign), and also in the screen credits for "Muppets Tonight." Unlike Fiama (which was spelled differently on the show, but Bill Barretta says it's Fiama and he should know), we haven't found any variations from official sources, so that's what the Wiki uses.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... Interesting. Thanks for the information on the visual usage of Sal's name Aleal.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Painted Sal

[
There's a painted pic of Sal somewhere around the web. I know there's one locked inside my old computer.[/QUOTE]

Here is the link
http://www.action-figure.com/images/04/05/wwp1/DSC09362.jpg
If anyone has the Sal mould or bought the prototype, and could possibly make me a resin copy, please PM me.
Just tried it and it is coming up forbidden.I will try something else.Back soon.

Another link(more than one way to string a cat!)

Belladonna

Reaction score
Thank you all for all the information. My mother was looking for a plush really, but an action figure I'm sure would've sufficed if that was the only thing available. It makes me so sad that they never came out with anything for Sal, even a plush. That was one beautiful monkey. Do you think there's anyway to get one specially made? I know it seems unlikely, but would you have to go to Disney and propose such a thing, or have to get a professional toymaker to make one just for you? I would love to commission a Sal plush if it was humanly possible.

muppetperson

Reaction score
You would be looking at mega bucks to get a professional toy company to make a one off.But I am sure someone could make you a Sal monkey plush doll.Maybe put a notice on the American puppeteers notice board, but expect to be bombarded with spam also LOL!

Belladonna

Reaction score
You would be looking at mega bucks to get a professional toy company to make a one off.But I am sure someone could make you a Sal monkey plush doll.Maybe put a notice on the American puppeteers notice board, but expect to be bombarded with spam also LOL!
American Puppeteers Notice Board? What is that? Where is that? Would there be toymakers there that I could pay to make me a Sal plush?