Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
mb22 said:
I can tell you that the Brian Henson stuff isn't true. He's directing something else right now...here's a quote from the Henson website:
"He (Brian) is currently in pre-production on Frances, an animated series based on the Frances Treasury best-selling books and featuring the Company’s proprietary HDPS technology."

So this whole idea that Disney is putting Brian in his place is wrong. Brian is executive producer of the "Muppets' Wizard of Oz," so if he wants to be involved, he can do what he pleases. I don't know where Jim Hill gets his info. :mad:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
At this point, neither do the rest of us. Besides, there wasn't any real substantive update from the current in-development telefilm.
Anyway, we've got a much better guy on the inside here, by the ID of PHDSwing. Just wait till the thing gets done and we near the airdate to get better info on Muppets Wizard of Oz.
Not saying this'll happen, just wait and see for the net to start ramping with newsbits in the coming months.

wesbunting

Reaction score
Muppet Wizard of OZ

Yeah, well, once again it appears that the muppet franchise is continuing to spiral out of control with great movie ideas turned to ruin with poor casting of the human parts. What message is Disney and the Henson family trying to send out here? The lead is going to a no talent with a supporting cast of near misses. I believe the casting list had to come after an all nighter of binge drinking or from someone who has yet to graduate high school.

The standard for quality has indeed left this lifelong muppet fan hoping that eventually the creative minds will eventually get CREATIVE and leave the politics in D.C. Let's try unifying the fan base instead of polarizing it further with the flimsy excuse of artistic license.

I'm sure that this will fall on deaf ears, but it needed to be said anyway.

Here's hoping the future of the muppets avoids a disappointing fizzle. :sing:

Whatever

Reaction score
Dude, will you please get rid of the avatar? I have had that avatar for over a year now. Using someone else' avatar is like stealing their signature in real life. The avatar is how people recognize you, more so than the screen name. You can go ask in the avatar help thread, and someone will go make you one.
Thanks!

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
From TV Guide.com,

MUPPET SCOOP!: Kelly Osbourne will make a cameo appearance in ABC's forthcoming remake The Muppets' Wonderful Wizard of Oz, TV Guide Online has learned. The soon-to-be-unemployed Life as We Know It star, playing herself, will bump into Dorothy (Ashanti) while in Oz. "It's going to break the fourth wall with the viewer," says an ABC insider. "Dorothy will say something like, like 'Kelly?'" And Kelly will have some witty comeback." The telepic is slated to air in May. In the meantime, check out the Nov. 21 issue of TV Guide magazine (on sale 11/18) for an exclusive first look at Kermit as the Scarecrow and Miss Piggy as Glinda, the Good Witch of the North. It's priceless