"Muppets Wizard of Oz" gets advanced screening

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Source: This Article on BroadwayWorld

The 4th Annual Tribeca Film Festival will take place from April 19th through May 1st. Of the hundreds of entries, there are a few that will have theater lovers waiting in line....

...For the child in all of us, "The Muppet Wizard of Oz" is sure to be "popular" when it gets its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival before airing on ABC. Directed by Kirk Thatcher, the film stars Kermit the Frog as The Scarecrow, Gonzo as The Tin Man, Fozzie as The Cowardly Lion, Ashanti as Dorothy and Miss Piggy pulling double duty as both the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda. Screenings are April 27th, 30th and May 1st...

Details on the festival itself can be found on their official website.

christyb

Reaction score
Nice scoop Gelfling!!! Hmm.. So you wouldn't happen to find out the airdate of this movie have ya?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
christyb said:
Nice scoop Gelfling!!! Hmm.. So you wouldn't happen to find out the airdate of this movie have ya?
Yeah I also need the date to, so I can ask for the day off from work! :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Yeah I also need the date to, so I can ask for the day off from work! :big_grin:
Now that is dedication!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The movie will air as part of "the Wonderful World of Disney", which is Saturday nights on ABC. I have contacted ABC and the Muppet Holding Co about the exact air date, and they all say that it has not been decided yet. But they say it will be in "mid- to late May 2005" (the exact week will not be set until mid-April). So it will probally be May 14, 21, or 28. (Probally not May 7, as they keep saying Mid/Late May; not early May). My sources say an official press release on the air date should be ready by Mid-April, once the spring Wonderful World of Disney line-up is all worked out. I'll keep you all posted as soon as the air date is released.

christyb

Reaction score
Go figure. I knew you'd say that. The possible airdate just has to be the weeks that I'm moving across country. Just my luck.

unclematt

Reaction score
I can not wait till the end of May, maybe it will be in the middle of the month.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I am so darn jealous of you guys. How unfair that I won't get to see this thing yet? How much are flights to America. Ii have to see it. I have to, have to, have toooo...

It's gotta be on DVD the next day. Please, Disney, gives us a next-day delivery next-day release of the movie on DVD Region 2.

Bea:zany:{Desperate Mupept fan}regard

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
christyb said:
Go figure. I knew you'd say that. The possible airdate just has to be the weeks that I'm moving across country. Just my luck.
Yeah we are going on vacation then! I wonder if the dog will make sure the VCR records?

Beauregard

Reaction score
sugarbritchez said:
Yeah we are going on vacation then! I wonder if the dog will make sure the VCR records?
Simple answer.

Cancel the holiday. Christy, cancel the move.

For the sake of thoe who Can't see this those who Can see it Must!

Bea:zany:{Only Kidding, of course. Grrrowl}regard