Muppets Wizard Of Oz on Disney October 8

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
Just in case you guys didnt know, The Muppets Wizard Of Oz will be featured in Wiz-Tober on Disney Channel. ^_^:smile:
~ (Wednesday) October 8 at 8~

It seems to me like Disney is making some good attemps at bring the Muppets back to a newer crowd (like they promised..kinda).

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I wonder if they'd also air the actual MGM film (considering they include scenes from the film in The Great Movie Ride at Disney World)?

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
YES! Something to tell my brother! He's such a DC freak, let me tell you...

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I wonder if they'd also air the actual MGM film (considering they include scenes from the film in The Great Movie Ride at Disney World)?
No why would they show that on Disney channel? Disney DOES NOT hold the tv right for the 1930s Wizard of Oz! and they dont even own it! Warner Bros owns the movie and there cable channel TBS holds the rights to air it! And the ONLY reson theres even a scene of OZ at Disney's Great Movie ride is because Ted Turner said "yes" for scenes in the ride (before he sold his company to WB). Disney had to ask him to have OZ in it, I guess Disney wanted more scenes but Ted wanted MORE $ and Disney paid quite a bit of $ just for the ONE scene at the park!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Man, I can't wait! I'll have to mark my calendar for this!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
No why would they show that on Disney channel? Disney DOES NOT hold the tv right for the 1930s Wizard of Oz! and they dont even own it! Warner Bros owns the movie and there cable channel TBS holds the rights to air it! And the ONLY reson theres even a scene of OZ at Disney's Great Movie ride is because Ted Turner said "yes" for scenes in the ride (before he sold his company to WB). Disney had to ask him to have OZ in it, I guess Disney wanted more scenes but Ted wanted MORE $ and Disney paid quite a bit of $ just for the ONE scene at the park!
Well, certainly Disney could air scenes from the one episode of The Muppet Show that spoof the film?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Think it's great that their showing it again in this channel!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
When was the last time Disney Channel showed this? 2006?