Musicians celebrate Sesame Street with a 3-disc CD boxed set

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Coming in September, a wonderful 3-disc Sesame Street CD collection featuring celebrity appearances from the show's first 35 years. This will be the first in many new products celebrating the show's 35 anniversary.

The commemorative box features 63 digitally remastered artist tracks, 22 of which are being released for the first time and 12 of which are no longer commercially available.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/070703.shtml

radionate

Reaction score
Holy Cow that is great! Any word of a suggested retail price?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not yet. My guess for street prices would be around $24.99-$29.99 though.

I agree, it is fantastic. Really looking forward to more details on the unreleased tracks.

radionate

Reaction score
That's my guess too. I wouldn't think it would be more then 35 bucks, or they will price themselves out of the market.

Let's hope this is just the start of a whole year of SS merchandise aimed towards those of us adults who grew up with the show!!!

scarecroe

Reaction score
This is a merchandising dream come true.

I've been saying for a while that a collection of Muppet tunes with celebrity guests would be a no-brainer in terms of marketing. (hopefully Henson will follow suit on the success of this release with one of their own for TMS stuff)

Just think of the Trisha Yearwood fans who will buy this out of completism.

The mention of the video project for January excites me, but I hope this escalates into more adult targeted home video releases.

--The Essential Ernie and Bert
--The Complete Kermit the Frog

One can dream.

radionate

Reaction score
I really don't think its that big of a far fetched dream Scott.

The first generations to grow up with SS are now getting into prime demographics for making purchasing relating to their childhood. I think that this is a step in the direction of SW realizing the mistakes Henson has made with marketing in the past.

I personally would love to see a vast collection of DVD/videos of the skits from over the years. :flirt:

Lu775

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
I agree, it is fantastic. Really looking forward to more details on the unreleased tracks.
Me too! Can't wait to find out what songs I can expect to groove to. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
radionate said:
The first generations to grow up with SS are now getting into prime demographics for making purchasing relating to their childhood. I think that this is a step in the direction of SW realizing the mistakes Henson has made with marketing in the past.

With the New Sesame Pez (hopefully hitting thr US), and the new clothing line (and to some extent the Gund line) these may be a possibility.

Unfortunately, they'd rather make more Dragontales Crap (I dunno about anywhere else, but they are a butt load of episodes of that over in Massachussetts)

Hopefully, there will be more songs like "Furry Happy Monsters" and Celebrity versions of "Put Down the Duckie" and "Monster in the mirror" (as they aired on the TV Specials) than "I is gonna soak up the Sun" and anything with Nsync or BAckstreet boys in it!

ssetta

Reaction score
Hopefully it has some Chrissy and The Alphabeats or Little Jerry and The Monotones!