Musicians celebrate Sesame Street with a 3-disc CD boxed set

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's some more info on the Sesame release...

http://www.msnbc.com/news/935694.asp

According to this the suggested retail is $49.98, much higher than originally thought. I will update the article on the site with the new info.

RedLovesElmo

Reaction score
does anyone know where there's a song list? i'd love to see what all's gonna be on it, and who's singing what.

Hays

Reaction score
I hope it's the original recordings from the show, and not "new" ones like on Elmopalooza!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, since the song listings for this massive CD set haven't been announced yet, there's still hope. Phil, you mentioned that celebrity renderings will make up the bulk of this album and used the song recorded/sung by Melissa Ethridge as an example. The song in question is a spoof of her own song that on the Street was named "The Way I Like U." Well, I hope that there will be a good nix of celebrity songs sung on the Street from all times and not just recent recordings. Cause when it comes to a spoof song sung as a tribute to the letter U as the Letter of the Day, I remember with greater fondness Smoky Robinson performing alongside a female U muppet "U Really got a Hold on Me." And I hope this and others like get included in the 3-CD set.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I can't wait myself. Ok let me tell you what happen a 3 or 2 months ago I won on ebay an old tape from the 1990 of JIM HENSON Celebrbites Sesame Street but a couple days go bye and I broke the tape. The thing was the tape was caught on somthing inside the tape thing so I unravled nearly the whole tape and then tried to ravle it back up but since I unravled it got tangled up. So (being the stupied type I am) I cut the tape. I then proceeded to throw out most of the tapes songs and then taped what was left. Came out w/ :sing: Sharing one cookie......oooohhh yes it air air air :sing: So I messed it up. God was I ******. Mad. I'm still trying to find another one but good luck.

Aaron

Reaction score
the 3 disc set you know me better then that kyle

Erine81981

Reaction score
Sorry. I didn't mean to. I just know how some people are these days. Sorry.