Must See Onion Article!!!!!

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey,
For all Muppet fans anywhere, especially us die-hards who frequent this board, there's an article in the current issue of The Onion that is an absolute must-see. Trust me on this one. You won't stop laughing. My brother let me know about it, saying that it was "written for me", and he was ****-right. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Here's the address: http://www.theonion.com/onion3902/i_appreciate_the_muppets.html. Enjoy and take care.

-Squigiman

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Heh, I do see the humor of the article, but I think that its basically making fun of people like us Squigi. So if your laughing at it as one of those "lets laugh at ourselves" kinda things, then sure. But, I do think we are being mocked.

-Matt

jeremyactor

Reaction score
My father works in a building with a box for The Onion right next to it, I'm having him pick up a few copies of this.

Great article - obviously written by someone who has a real appreciation for the Muppets, what with all the mentions of things anyone who wasn't a fan wouldn't realize. I wonder if people who aren't muppet fans who don't know about the Wizard World Dr. Teeth or people who don't know who Richard Hunt is will get this article, though.

Jeremy
(edited because I can't spell)

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Heh, I do see the humor of the article, but I think that its basically making fun of people like us Squigi. So if your laughing at it as one of those "lets laugh at ourselves" kinda things, then sure. But, I do think we are being mocked.
Whose us? Aside from the Whitmire comment(but then you have to remember most of the article is sort of from the point of someone betting against him on eBay) I thought it was brillaint. Where *are* all the hardcore JHC Muppet geek fanboys out there?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
What about all the hardcore fans on here?

In the last line he said "So grow up already." In that, it was saying those people who are fanatics about Henson and everything that name encompasses need to get over it. I think that you've got to be a fanatic to post on MC, so he must be talking to us, those Muppet fanatics (not directly though. I was saying to those who post here).

-Matt

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
What about all the hardcore fans on here?

In the last line he said "So grow up already." In that, it was saying those people who are fanatics about Henson and everything that name encompasses need to get over it. I think that you've got to be a fanatic to post on MC, so he must be talking to us, those Muppet fanatics (not directly though. I was saying to those who post here).

-Matt
I thought that wa shillarious...it was all tongue in cheek, like something youd see on Tough Pigs. Just an off the cuff mirror. If you cant laugh at yourself who can you laugh at? It wasnt meant to be taking so seriously, but was meant to be *funny*
I mean how often to we see a hard edged satire at hardcore Muppet fans? Brilliant!

jeremyactor

Reaction score
He meant that the other guy has to grow up and get over the bidding war, as he isn't the biggest muppet fan.

I thought the article was hilarious - everything in the Onion is supposed to be funny - like their big article a long time ago "Women - why don't they lose some weight?" or "What is sexy in the wake of 9/11?"

They've done articles like this before about other subjects. It's not an attempt to belittle anyone. It's just trying to be funny because of how deep into detail this guy can get about why he's a bigger fan than "Dennis." Don't read too much into it. It's like a Friar's club roast. Laugh it off.

Jeremy

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by jeremyactor
They've done articles like this before about other subjects. It's not an attempt to belittle anyone. It's just trying to be funny because of how deep into detail this guy can get about why he's a bigger fan than "Dennis." Don't read too much into it. It's like a Friar's club roast. Laugh it off.
Oh totally, I thought it was *exhilarating* to see us mirrored like that...bravo I say! I dont see how any fan could not like that article, very smart stuff.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Oh totally, I thought it was *exhilarating* to see us mirrored like that...bravo I say! I dont see how any fan could not like that article, very smart stuff.
yeah just today i had to explain who animal was...it was very sad!

Sarah