My cat ran away.

BorkBork

Reaction score
Well, folks, my cat ran away. Me and my girlfriend has no idea how he could sneak out. We have looked everywhere, but if he doesn't come out when we cal his name and put food on his plate, then he isn't here. He must have snuck out when we've opened the door, i don't think that he jumped from the balcony, we live on the 3:rd floor.

We have also been outside looking for him without luck...Now we have to put up notes in the neighbouhood and hope somone finds him. He's a big part of our family, and sice we don't have kids, he's like our child. I have been worrying all day, since he didn't show up for food this afternoon.

Please wish me and my girlfriend luck.

/Anders

Luke

Reaction score
Get a mouse ! That'll have him begging to come back !! LOL !

Sorry, (slaps self) i would not worry too much. Sometimes they like to go off on little journeys to gain their independance even if it's not in their character - they just take the opportunity and slip out. I have had one that came back after 3 days away. I also had another who basically prefers to live outside (well, ok, the dog kicked him out of the house) but comes back every day at a precise time for his dinner. So they are usually well aware of where home is and return.

I hope you find your cat, and me commenting hasn't given you a nervous breakdown or anything, my aim was to be helpful.

:embarrassed:

BorkBork

Reaction score
your reply is actually relieving. Everyone kepps telling me he will come back for food. However, we just moved so i'm worried he won't find his way back.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
A few years ago our collie just vanished for about 2 days, and he's ALWAYS home, "around the grounds". I did a big search all 'round the surroundin' countryside---nuffin'.

Then a couple o' days later, there he was. It might be the same way in your case! Apparently it's common... :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i've had cats that have run away and never came back...oh sorry, guess i wasn't helping any....stupid me......

ryan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
In a couple of days (or as soon as possible!!!), perhaps you could check your former residence to se if your cat has popped in there.

Anyway, our cats used to always go off on their own. They do eventually come back.

I really do hope you find your cat. And, I'm sorry to hear it ran off.

:cry: :sympathy: :frown: :concern: (but not without... :zany: <--- a ray of hope)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Sorry that your cat ran away.

I hope I don't offend anybody, but I have to enter into a commentary:

:attitude: *ahem!*

It has been said that cats can find their ways home from hundreds of miles away. Such being the case, I've always found it odd that people put up "Lost Cat" signs when their cats disappear. Honestly, if your cat, which can find it's way home from hundreds of miles away, doesn't come home, it probably doesn't want to be there anyways. It's just odd knowing that fact of cat-direction-knowledge and still you'll see "lost cat" signs on the light poles and street signs.

So, don't worry, if it's gone and wants to come home, it will. And if someone else has your cat, again don't worry. It's saving you the cost of feeding it and sooner or later your cat will escape and come home should that be where your cat prefers living.

Thus, I conclude my commentary.
:attitude:

And I hope your kitty comes home safe!!!!!!

BorkBork

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your compassion. But guess who was miaoing below my balkony just 20 minutes ago. That's right, my beloved little kittie. I went out and called his name, and he repelied with a miaoo. So i went donwstairs and carried him up. I was purring really much. I told him i had missed him and he replied with a miao, ones again :smile:

Then i gave him some food, and now he's on the sofa, licking his...his...you know what hehe.

Now i can sleep well, knowing he's home and safe. I was really worried due to heavy traffic on both sides on my house.

I'm amazed, because he must have jumped...from the 3:rd floor. And he didn't have one scratch.

/Anders

Mark Filton

Reaction score
What a lovely story about your cat licking his bum:rolleyes:

And how are we supposed to help you find your cat on the internet:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Still, maybe you have a favorite food. Check out my NEW thread:smirk:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Well, Anders, this thread has been an emotional roller coaster for those of us joining late in the game.

I was feeling very sad about your cat.

Then I was happy that he's back.

And now I'm thinking back with fond memories and sadness at the loss of my own dog. And he's been gone for YEARS.

:sympathy:

Anyway, I'm glad your cat is back and having a good lick.

:halo:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn