My childhood has come back to me...

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Has anyone else grown up with the Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osbourne? They looked a little bit like this:

They were about a brother and sister named Jack (7) and Annie (5) who discover a Magic Tree House in the woods filled with books one day, a treehouse placed there by *spoilers!* Morgana Le Fay. Yes, that Morgana. The tree house has the ability to travel through time whenever a certain book is opened, and the kids travel back to Pompeii when Mount Vesuvius erupts, back to the Titanic before it sank, back to the Ice Age and so on. They were some of the first books that I ever read on my own, and I LOVED THEM when I read them in the first and second grade. However, for years I had forgotten about Jack, Annie, Morgana and the Magic Tree House, until I stumbled upon this today:

Yes. Oh yes they did. They did the very best thing they could have done for the book series. The powers that be turned it into an anime film. Cue mass nostalgia upon seeing the trailer.

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

So did anyone else grow up with this book series, or am I the only one?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with this at all (Morgana name sounds familiar...), but your description and that trailer look AWESOME! :wink: I'm a huge fan of Hayao Miyazaki's Studio Ghibli films, this looks to be along the same quality of storytelling.

I'm very interested to say the least, might have to track down a copy (subtitled or dubbed, happy with either) when it's released on DVD/blu-ray. Or maybe it's like the Arriety movie, and is already available on region-free DVD! :big_grin:

The book series seems like something I would love for my Son to read when he's older, probably great for my niece and nephew right now, so thanks very much for this thread!

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Here's another trailer I found, if anyone's interested:

By the looks of it, they incorporated the very first MTH book I ever read, Vacation under the Volcano, into the story. WIN. :big_grin:

@ KermieBaby47: Sorry, I meant Morgan Le Fay, not Morgana. She's related to Merlin, I believe (Merlin appears in the later books, apparently, although I never read past Book 22).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I vaguely remember these books. I know I read the Pompeii one. Overall I was not a huge fan. I thought they were too easy to read and preferred Animorphs :smirk:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Strangely enough I'd never heard of the series until recently, but I would have been about the right age to read the first book when it came out. I'll have to watch the anime!

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I vaguely remember these books. I know I read the Pompeii one. Overall I was not a huge fan. I thought they were too easy to read and preferred Animorphs :smirk:
I read those too! They were good... but back to the topic at hand, I have like all of the books... never read them, I'm selling them at a yard sale soon. But I did enjoy the concept and I'm glad it's being made into a movie!

mo

Reaction score
i actually got some audio tapes of those from wendy's a few years back and sorta remember them... but by then i'd grown out of the age group and they were too easy.:stick_out_tongue:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I loved these books! I liked them so much more than Junie B Jones, and Captain Underpants.After hary Potter and Percy Jackson they're my favorite kids books series.

mo

Reaction score
I really liked reading junie b. but I was always a fan of lauren child with the clarice bean books