My Childhood Memories: The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Multilanguage

English: 4 out of 5. Good, but the music and the singing voice of the theme song that is being used is not the one that I am familiar with.

Czech: 5 out of 5. Much better than the English one.

Danish: 1 out of 5. I do not like this one at all.

Dutch: 1 out of 5.

French: 5 out of 5: Another great one.

German: 1 out of 5

Polish: 5 out of 5.

Turkish: 1 out of 5. What is up with those singing voices?

Swedish: 5 out of 5.

Another multilanguage video.

English: 5 out of 5. This one should be crowned the winner! In my book, it's the winner!

French: 4 out of 5. This one gets second place.

Portuguese: 1 out of 5: What is up with that quality? This one gets third place.

Dutch: 4 out of 5. This one also gets gets second place.

Polish: 1 out of 5.

Danish: 4 out of 5.

Bulgarian: 1 out of 5.

Spanish: 1 out of 5. The voiceover is very scary.

Italian: 1 out of 5. This is one of the WORST ones I have ever heard.

German: 1 out of 5.

Swedish: Again, the quality is very bad. This one also gets Third Place.

Russian: 1 out of 5. I do not like the singing voices.

Finnish: 1 out of 5.

Croatian: 1 out of 5.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Thank you for starting a discussion thread about Pooh. I've loved it ever since I was little, and a part of my heart will always belong in the Wood. Growing up doesn't mean you have to let go completely.
*edit* Vin-ya Pooh-yah!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Thank you for starting a discussion thread about Pooh. I've loved it ever since I was little, and a part of my heart will always belong in the Wood. Growing up doesn't mean you have to let go completely.
*edit* Vin-ya Pooh-yah!

You're welcome. I only remember so little of what I watched on TV when I was little. It's very sad.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
They had VHS copies of several episodes out in the late 80's. But right about now a DVD set would really be something.

I found this show special too, even though in 1988 I was in college, well beyond the targeted viewing age. But this was one of Disney's finest series ever. Won a few Emmy's along the way.

If you can make it through one episode from Season One, "Find Her, Keep Her", without crying, good luck. Guaranteed to pull on your heartstrings.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
They had VHS copies of several episodes out in the late 80's. But right about now a DVD set would really be something.

I found this show special too, even though in 1988 I was in college, well beyond the targeted viewing age. But this was one of Disney's finest series ever. Won a few Emmy's along the way.

If you can make it through one episode from Season One, "Find Her, Keep Her", without crying, good luck. Guaranteed to pull on your heartstrings.

That's really awesome that it won some Emmy's. Do you know how many Emmy's the show won?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It won twice, in 1989 and 1990, both years for Outstanding Animated Program.
Like I said, one of the finest things Disney ever produced. Great writing, beautiful animation, excellent voice work, so much care went into this series.

My only complaint- I LOVE Rabbit (my wife loves Eeyore). In every other Pooh production, Rabbit is painted bright yellow. For this series, they painted him the most disgusting shade of seafoam green. Ugliest color known to man.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The fact that Disney didn't put out a season by season set of this show, a franchise they milked ferociously, proves my point that they HATE doing Season sets. This show is right up there with the classic first few line ups of The Disney Afternoon in quality. Why this is the one time they didn't shove Pooh all over our faces (UGH! I heard it, I heard it) is beyond me.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
I remember watching The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh on TV in my childhood; can't remember the last time I've seen it. My mother used to tape quite a lot of shows, most of them Disney, but I'm not really sure if this was among them. Then again, I don't even know where we keep the old tapes or if they even still work.
Still, I remember loving the show.