My Christmas program's started!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Hey y'all, today our church (and another one we're combinin' with) had our very first performance today of "The Christmas Shoes", this rull tear-jerker of a musical (but good-ly so).

Anyway, in the third song which goes faster than lightnin', I get to sing a solo line, then a girl does one, then we sing a couple o' lines together---and we have a blast!

And Mommy and Daddy Byron got to come up and see it today, and they finally got to meet muh new church family (as of March)---and they rully enjoyed the show! :smile:

But back to to the song thingy, I think it's so cool how that works out, cause that's sorta like we're Floyd & Janice---they sing together on the bridge of "CYPT", and they each have one solo line in the 3rd verse---how cool!! We get to be Floyd and Janice for Christmas! :big_grin: (The girl even has blonde hair, lol...well, so do I, but anyway...)

And in the "Deck The Halls" part of another medley, the men get to sing the line, "Fooooooollow me in meeeeeeerry measuuuure!", but I SO Janice-ize it and go, "Fooooooollow me in merrrrrrrrry measurrrrre!" LOL!!

Really!

I do!

:big_grin:

:wink:

(and that's fun, too)

Anyway, I'm on a high from the great mornin' despite my hurt arm, and Mommy and Daddy Byron are now on their way back home 2 hours away. :smile:

Next show, tomorrow at 7! (and then more next week)

Sweetums

Reaction score
Congratulations, it sounds fun!! :smile: What is the show about? Is it based on the song "Christmas Shoes"?

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
OH MY GOSH!!!
my church is performing "Chritmas Shoes" too!!!:smile:

how cool is that!!

Ours doesnt start till next weel though.:frown:

My big performance is singing the Grench song!

-Linda

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by DramaQueen86
OH MY GOSH!!!
my church is performing "Chritmas Shoes" too!!!:smile:

how cool is that!!

Ours doesnt start till next weel though.:frown:

My big performance is singing the Grench song!

-Linda
LOL! Wow, too funny! :big_grin:

We have another show tomorrow night at our church, then 2 next Sunday mornin' and 1 next Monday evenin' (at the other church that's combined with us).

You get to do "Grinch"? Cool! That's an awesome adaptation...I get to do the funky funked-out male part in "Don't Leave Jesus Off Your Christmas List", but I guess you already gathered that from my first post in this thread, lol...

"Deck the maaalls with boughs of hollyyyyyyyyy!..."

:stick_out_tongue:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sweetums
What is the show about? Is it based on the song "Christmas Shoes"?
Yep, it sure is! :smile:

It's about 2 families----one has a mother havin' her "last Christmas" here on Earth with her mom, husband, and son, and the boy havin' to understand that, and he wants to get his Mommy one special gift before she goes off to meet Jesus (yes, this musical is a real tear-jerker, like I said!)...

And the other family deals with a career-obsessed father who's lost touch with his wife and daughters...his wife's ready to leave him once Christmas is over, but after an encounter with the 1st family's boy in a department store, he realizes that he's neglected his family, and has a complete change of heart and opens up to his wife...

And the "Christmas Shoes" are the special gift from the boy to his Mommy before she leaves the world...

Gosh, I'm gettin' all misty-eyed just briefly typin' the main ideas here...you should see some of the scenes, get your tissues ready!

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
Wow! Very cool! Yeah i get to sing "The Grench". Its so much fun! Your the guy singing but are you a dad or just a singer?:confused:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Nah, I aint' one o' the dads, I'm too young---I'm 25. Well, I guess technically I am old enough to play Jack, but I think it works better havin' the part a li'l older.

Yeah, in "Don't Leave Jesus Off Your Christmas List", me and my duet parter are background shoppin' in a "store" (set on stage) while Kate, Lily, and Hannah have their lines, then we sing along with the choir (they're split on both sides of the stage) until the 1st chorus ends.

Then the characters leave, Carrie and I go to the front o' the stage, whip out our mics, and really ham it up, lol! (but that's what he wanted...lol)

My sister got to see it tonight, and she enjoyed the show. :smile: That ends the rounds of the parents and (only) siblin', lol.