My Complete Gonzo Replica Review

Newton Gimmick

Reaction score
So I run a little website where I do toy reviews, etc...

Well I finally got my hands on a Gonzo (that doesn't sound right!) and I've got a full review up with over 50 pictures from opening the package right down to display. Plenty to check out and I figured you guys would get a kick out of it :boo:

So if you're interested please check out the full review here: http://www.infinitehollywood.com/2009/09/gonzo-replica-muppet-review.html

Thanks for reading! And thanks for this great community to discuss and learn about these replicas.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That is a very kind review.

This Gonzo is one of my favorite Muppet items, but not a 10/10 right out of the box IMHO. However, once I fixed the wandering eyes (easy to do) he's gotten pretty darn close to that. :concern:

I supported MR by purchasing Gonzo from them for the full SRP of $299 at the time of release and have no problem criticizing the nose-sock, but I've adjusted to it over time. If not for alpha collectors that complain about such discrepancies the secondary market would be bare. :embarrassed: It will be interesting to see how EFX does on the manufacturing front.

Cool review, but I still prefer MC's official one for it's details. Still, I'll check out your site for updates about items in the future. :super:

Newton Gimmick

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. My 10/10 score comes with the value added in. Had I paid original retail for it, I probably would have knocked a couple points off. For what I paid, it's a definite 10 to me.

I'm also probably not as hardcore as some Muppet fans out there, so I won't be as overly critical as some. Of course I tend to be pretty critical of anything I spend my money on, naturally.

I should note, I think the eyes are pretty good on mine. One eye seems a tad more off than the other, but it's not enough for me to feel the need to "fix" it. I know many people did.

Thanks again.