My custom Joe the Armadillo figure!

beaker

Reaction score
Well, Ive been in a bit of a creative mood recently...so for my Mom's birthday recently, I made her a Joe the Armadillo figure.
I think Jackie and others into Mr. Armadillo will get a kick out of this:wink: heh

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xlogik909

(click on "muppet stuff", there you'll find a side and front viewo of Joe, Pepe, and a group shot of my other custom Muppet Show figures and my Meeptrix Beaker and Bunsen customs)

enjoy!

petrieboy

Reaction score
Armadillo Maker

I haven't seen Kermit's Swamp Years, but that's pretty cute.
You should come up with a collection of your own creatures, all your own style, and see if you can get work with a toy company. If nothing else, you'll have a nice collection for all your visitors to marvel at.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I haven't seen Kermit's Swamp Years, but that's pretty cute.
You should come up with a collection of your own creatures, all your own style, and see if you can get work with a toy company. If nothing else, you'll have a nice collection for all your visitors to marvel at.<<<

Thanx. I wont have much time to work on figures or other stuff as much soon, cept for the figures I already promised people. I would like to be able to get into making fully original from scratch articulated figures, but that'd be hard. I have done a ton of custom figure jobs, but they are either all original material but based on a existing character, or made from parts of action figures. I am able to pause any Muppet related dvd, and come up with a pretty darn good likeness to even the smallest detail on a 3-4" scale within a couple hours. As far as a job designing toys, that is one of many many areas I'd liek to get into.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That stuff is freakin' swwwweeet!! Especially the "Meep-trix" figures and new poster!!!

I have to go out and get some clay......

beaker

Reaction score
>>>That stuff is freakin' swwwweeet!! Especially the "Meep-trix" figures and new poster!!!<<<

thanx man! Yeah, just some spare time hobbies, one of many:wink:
I really need to get an online portfolio for all my art and stuff.
Time will be hard to come by soon...I'll post why soon, but its a shocker for Cory!

>>>I have to go out and get some clay......<<<

Yeah, super sculpey! though according to Mr the Frog there is an even better substance to use. I wish they had something close to as possible action figure plastic! Hmm, if I knew exactly what materials, what Simpsons figure, and what techniques were used on that Jay Sherman custom ya saw, I would seriously want to attempt it for ya. I havent done any Simpsons customs. I however am thinking of recontinuing making custom Muppet Show figurines for people's birthdays. Sadly, I think Joggy was the last person I made one for. I would like to see more community surprise gifts like the MC buttons...perhaps around Muppetfest time a few of us could put our heads together for something like that. I dont think it should be too hard if there really is only about a thousand Muppet fans online:wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I.. I should have known the Jay was a fake!!! It was toooooo good to be true. Ugh!!! Nothing at goodwill and now this......
I never have attempted many custom figures before. I made a really cool "Cuckoo Man" from the Mighty Heroes out of clay, but it fell apart and I tossed it in anger. And I was about to paint it, too!!!!

I made Scratch and Grounder (from the wonkily animated Sonic cartoon)out of wax back during a summer "college Preiveiw" in 99. Okay, once every so often, I dig though old videoes, watch a bunch of them and obess about the old shows, which is why I made them. They were pretty good, biut I threw out Scratch. I remember trying to make a Stimpy for a friend of mine bout 94 out of play dough (I did a pretty good job, too) but it fell appart before I could give it to him.