My Disney+ Wish List

Steve Arino

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My apologies in advance for not having written in so long, but I've had quite the busy 2020 so far, what with all the craziness going on with the Corona Virus pandemic (thankfully, as of this writing I DO NOT have the Virus).

That being said, for my first 2020 post, I have a slew of Disney films and TV shows which I'm surprised ARE NOT, at the moment, included on Disney Plus.

Among the Films and Series I'd LOVE to see added to Disney Plus in 2020 and beyond include, but not limited to, the following.

1. Home Improvement (Walt Disney Television) -- Until last Fall, all 8 seasons of the hit Disney sitcom "Home Improvement" were available via Hulu; considering that's no longer the case, this would be PERFECT for Disney Plus.

2. Dick Tracy (Walt Disney Pictures) -- Released on June 15, 1990, Warren Beatty's adaption of "Dick Tracy" made $107 million in the U.S. Box Office alone; like "The Rocketeer" the following Summer 1991, "Dick Tracy" was issued by Disney under both the Walt Disney Pictures AND Touchstone Pictures banners, with Walt Disney Pictures issuing "Dick Tracy" in North American theaters while Touchstone Pictures issued the film internationally.

3. Hello Ladies (ABC Studios) -- This unjustly short-lived joint HBO/Disney sitcom created by Steve Merchant aired on HBO from September 29, 2013 - November 17, 2013 for 1 season of 8 episodes, with a 2-Hour TV Movie Adaptation airing on November 22, 2014. HBO Home Entertainment issued a 3-Disc compilation titled "Hello Ladies: The Complete Series and The Movie" on DVD only in 2016, with HBO owning worldwide DVD rights while Disney owns the Syndicated and off-HBO rights to "Hello Ladies." To be honest, I loved the show, because I found Steve's character Stuart Pritchard totally relatable to yours truly; like Stuart, I'm in reality a shy, quiet, and introverted kind-of guy, but unlike Stuart, I'm not mean-spirited when it comes to meeting girls, nor am I trying to "Hook Up" with women. "Hello Ladies" was Adapted by the Duo of Gene Stupnitsky & Lee Eisenberg for HBO and based on Steve's stand-up comedy routine about searching for a Wife.

4. Stakeout (Touchstone Pictures) -- An unlikely candidate for Disney Plus, considering the MPAA rated this Disney film "Rated R" for Nudity and Profanity (the Nudity belonging to actress Madeline Stowe's Bare Buttocks). Nevertheless, "Stakeout" was an R-Rated Disney Action/Comedy movie starring Richard Dreyfuss and Emilio Estevez (who would futurely return to Disney with "The Mighty Ducks" trilogy of films and its upcoming Disney Plus TV Series Adaptation) as 2 cops who went undercover on a "Stakeout" to catch an Escaped Convict (Aidan Quinn). A sequel, "Another Stakeout," was released by Disney in 1993 (likewise under its Dormant Touchstone Pictures banner), with Rosie O'Donnell joining Dreyfuss and Estevez on a Stakeout. That film, unlike the original, was Rated PG-13 by the MPAA.

5. America's Funniest Home Videos (ABC Studios) -- Though the Revival version of "AFV" (hosted by Tom Bergeron) is coming to Disney Plus next month (Seasons 12-18 and 23, respectively), frankly I'd LOVE to see the original Bob Saget-hosted "AFV" episodes on Disney Plus, and for that reason, I'm including "AFV" on my Disney Plus Wish List. (FYI: Before I forget to mention it, on "AFV," ABC Studios is known via credit only as ABC Entertainment, but since Walt Disney Television folded into ABC Studios in 2007, I'm referring to "AFV's" Disney banner as ABC Studios for all Purposes of Intent on this Post).

Anyone else here agree? If so please respond here, and also respond if you have any shows on YOUR Disney Plus Wish List. Thanks in advance.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the short. Not much to say other than, it was very cute. Probably the best thing The Simpsons has done in a while.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the short. Not much to say other than, it was very cute. Probably the best thing The Simpsons has done in a while.
I agree it was a nice little short. It was great watching the Simpons Movie again. I forgot how good it was.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Just saw this on TV and thought it was hilarious! 😂

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
This is awesome! it's great to see Rick. I cannot wait to see the new Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie.