1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

My Entire Muppet Palisades Collection

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Michael Smith, May 22, 2012.

?

Should I sell my entire Palisades Muppet collection?

Poll closed May 29, 2012.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%

1. Michael Smith

Michael Smith New Member

Thinking about parting ways with my entire Muppet Palisades Collection, it was awesome to collect and enjoy over the years however thinking about passing it on to someone else who would enjoy it as much as I have. I have 100 figures/playsets in total, entire series 1-9 sets including the Backstage Playset. All figures in mint in package, all packages are in really good/great shape with one exception (Rowlf's bubble has a small white smear on it), there are no price tags on any of the packages. I worked really hard on getting the best for the collection.
    The complete list is:
    Kermit
    Miss Piggy
    Miss Piggy (Variant)
    Dr. Teeth
    Dr. Teeth (WW Variant)
    Bunsen
    Muppet Labs
    Fozzie Bear
    Stuntman Gonzo
    Floyd
    Floyd (Variant)
    Crazy Harry
    Electric Mayhem
    Rowlf
    Scooter
    Lew Zealand
    Zoot
    Zoot (Variant)
    Swedish Kitchen (Red)
    Swedish Kitchen (Blue)
    Sam Arrow
    Rizzo
    Rizzo (Variant)
    Link Hogthrob
    Julius Strangepork
    Gonzo
    Pepe
    Janice
    Janice (Variant)
    Newsman
    Clifford
    Clifford (Variant)
    Patrol Bear
    Statler
    Waldorf
    Swinetrek
    Capt. Smollett
    Robin
    Johnny Fiama
    Johnny Fiama (Variant)
    Johnny Fiama (Variant 2)
    Beauregard
    Usher Scooter
    Sam the Eagle
    Sam the Eagle (Variant)
    Phil Van Neuter
    Marvin Suggs
    Marvin Suggs (Variant)
    Steppin Out Fozzie
    Swedish Chef
    Pops
    Lips
    Lips (Variant)
    Lips (Variant 2)
    Backstage
    Tux Kermit
    Vacation Fozzie
    Vacation Fozzie (Variant)
    Super Scooter
    Vacation Pepe
    Vacation Pepe (Variant)
    Animal
    Animal (Variant)
    Animal (Variant 2)
    Sweetums
    Uncle Deadly
    Uncle Deadly (Variant)
    Uncle Deadly (Variant 2)
    Penguins
    Mega Beaker (Red)
    Mega Beaker (Blue)
    Mega Animal
    Mega Gonzo
    Invisible Beaker
    Half-Invisible Beaker
    Holiday Kermit
    Black Jacket Rizzo (NY)
    Black Jacket Rizzo (CHI)
    Dream Date Gonzo
    Gold Tux Gonzo
    Vanshing Cream Beaker
    Invisible Fozzie
    Crash Helmet Gonzo
    Tour Animal
    Culinary Catastrophe
    Holiday Rizzo (Red)
    Holiday Rizzo (Green)
    Steppin Out Bunsen/Beaker
    Vaudeville Waldorf/Statler
    Koozebane Kermit (Red)
    Koozebane Kermit (Blue)
    Koozebane Kermit (White)
    Adventure Kermit
    Ghost of Sam Arrow
    Tux Gonzo
    Cabin Boy
    Mega Camilla
    Super Beaker
    Santa Chef
    Checkered Suit Gonzo

Help me determine whether or not to sell or keep my collection. Love to get input from people that have gone through the same thing. Any regrets with selling them off?
    Willing to accept offers at this time too for the entire collection; not really interested in selling them off individually. A good offer might make the decision easy as well.

Thanks for looking and your input in advance.
  2. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

Wow... Would I ever love to have the money (and space) to make you an awesome offer on these figures. Sadly, I lack both.

I can offer you a bit of a story from my own personal experiences with collecting and subsequently selling said collections. I used to have a large collection of several things; Living Dead Dolls, wrestling figures, McFarlane figures, music, movies, snowglobes, movie posters, battle beasts, transformers (1st generation ones), and a few other things as well. Upon moving to Florida, I discovered some nasty issues that prevented me from working, so I had to make the tough choice to start selling off my collections. I did keep a couple things (only about a quarter of a substantial CD and DVD collection - was up to 1,500 of each at one point) to use as decorative accent pieces, but almost everything got sold eventually. I can tell you that, while the decision to actually sell the things was tough, I've now come to regard it as the second best decision I've ever made (the first being to shave my head). It was actually a freeing experience to sell so much and widdle my collections down to only the most important pieces. Almost like a weight was lifted from my shoulders (said weight has been returned by other happenstances, but that's a longer, more depressing story). Plus, I made a pretty great amount of money to pay bills with and such, which was good.

While my reasons for selling seem to be different from your reasons, the main idea of letting someone else enjoy something you've loved for a spell is the same. So, I say, yeah, if you get an offer that you're happy with, go ahead and sell. If you're a big Muppet fan, maybe keep a few of your absolute favorite characters, but sell the rest. Ultimately, it's up to you, but the fact that you're thinking about it at means you probably don't have a really deep personal connection with the figures. It's been my experience that the best collections are those that are not only loved, but those that have a personal reason for collecting.
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i would defently take a couple off your hands
  4. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I would like to buy a couple too! Any, really.
  5. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I would like to buy a couple as well. What would you ask for Lips, Zoot,or Link? I would definitley take 'em!
  6. muppet lady

muppet lady New Member

I am interested in the whole collection. Wondering the price and how do I get in contact with you?
  7. Mark Johns

Mark Johns Active Member

I had a huge collection of these figures a few years ago. At least as many as you, if not more. Then I lost my job and was out of work for a while and sadly had to sell off my entire collection. I have regreted it every day since. Just saying.
    Michael Smith likes this.
  8. Michael Smith

Michael Smith New Member

Throwing the sale of this collection out there one more time to true Muppet fans before I think about putting it on eBay. I would much prefer to sell the collection off as a whole set. If this does not happen I might be willing to part with the non-series figures individually (that or I will attempt to see the set on eBay as a whole). Once again, this is a great set (near complete - the best of my knowledge I am only missing White Tux Rowlf, Jim Henson, Wedding Kermit and Piggy, 2 Frog Scout figures, and some of the lunchbox sets).
    All figures are mint in box.........boxes are in great shape overall, no price tags, rips or tears.
    Set includes the highly sought after Backstage Playset mint in box as well!

Please don't send me low ball offers for this set. I am not that desperate to sell this awesome collection. I am doing it help make it though some tougher times.

Thanks for looking. Please feel free to ask any questions.
  9. Michael Smith

Michael Smith New Member

10. Rowlfy

Rowlfy Member

Wow, that must've been some GREAT profit for you. Invest it and buy a Camaro in a few years :p