1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

My Favorite Fraggle Rock Memories

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by danielshooley, Feb 14, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. danielshooley

danielshooley New Member

In my personal opinion, I believe the best show Jim Henson ever created: Fraggle Rock.

My earliest memories of Fraggle Rock are watching the episodes via the Disney Channel, LONG before I found out it had originated years earlier on the HBO Television Network.

Since then, I have PROUDLY become the owner of all 96 half-hour episodes of the show via DVD from HIT Entertainment (Seasons 1-3) and Lions Gate Home Entertainment (Season 4).

I also own all 5 Fraggle videos from Disney back when The Walt Disney Company owned the rights to the entire Jim Henson Productions library (not just Muppets as they do today).

But of all the episodes I have seen of the show, my absolute favorite episode: Home is Where the Trash Is, an episode I downloaded from the now-defunct LimeWire.com taped off its original HBO Television Network broadcast.

I believe Disney should reacquire the entire Jim Henson Company. How about you guys?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

My favorite episode is probably Change of Address. It's absolutely mind-boggling in the amount of emotions it packs into 25 minutes. I almost tear up just thinking about the last scene. Perfection.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

My favorie episode so far is The River of Life. It makes people realise that we are all connected, that we truly are "sister and brother." and "part of each other," and yet makes this hard to understand idea acessible to kids.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. Emilia

Emilia New Member

I agree with you there. For me, Fraggle Rock is the best children's show in the world. It's probably one of the only children's shows in history to give a show a proper ending, leaving no ambiguity, no stones unturned, and with respect to all the characters.

While on emotional episodes, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned 'Gone But Not Forgotten' yet. Wembley's reaction to Mudwell's passing was incredibly true-to-life and real, and thinking about this episode also got me through the passing of my grandmother.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

That is another excellent episode. Richard Hunt did a great job performing Mudwell, and I especially liked the scene where Gobo talks about his little pet thimblebug and the nest. The last season is loaded with emotional episodes (River of Life, Honk of Honks, Change of Address).
    GopherCoffee, Emilia and heralde like this.
  6. Tom Fraggle

Tom Fraggle Active Member

Yep, been there, done that. Totally agree.

Although my most favorite episodes are when Cantus and the Minstrels stop by for a visit.

If Fraggle Rock was acquired by Disney, they'd probably get more exposure, just because Disney is so huge. Nothing wrong with Jim Henson Company and I'm glad they're still trying their best to give Fraggle Rock the exposure it needs.
    GopherCoffee likes this.