My favorite story about Jim Henson...

yiieepyepyep

Reaction score
Hi folks!!

My favorite story is one that I read...I think it was by Jerry nelson inside "the works". It was about how he only saw jim henson angry twice-in all the time spent together.

he recalled one time when there were during rehersal for Sesame that Nelson saw that there were no lines in the script for any of his characters. Nelson got up at the end of the meeting and threw his script in the garbage. Later Henson called Nelson into his office and said to him --not to do that ever again.

Henson taught him about not making outbursts against people in public by taking him aside AFTER the meeting to talk to him instead of during the meeting.

Nelson recalled this by saying that Henson had a Zen like guru way of dealing with people. :sing: :big_grin:

I loved that story...its beautiful..dontcha think?

DMETxix

Reaction score
yiieepyepyep said:
Henson taught him about not making outbursts against people in public by taking him aside AFTER the meeting to talk to him instead of during the meeting.
Very good advice, one which I think a lot of people should learn to follow, wether it be in context of an official meeting or just some random conversation on a forum. :wink:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I love that story too, and thought it very modest of Jerry to tell it as well.

Pino

Reaction score
I think I would be to shamed to tell something like this... specially public :embarrassed:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well everyone makes misstakes and ya know we just need to take the mistakes we make and learn from them. Thats what Jerry did, and im sure Jim had to learn the same thing one time or another. I think that is the most inprotiant thing i learnd as a kid was to learn from your misstakes and also to learn from others misstakes. I think if you watch people long enogh they will make a misstake and then so will we. There is always somthing to be learnd.